Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox 7500 DN Phaser - White Streak Issue on Magenta

Re: Xerox 7500 DN Phaser - White Streak Issue on Magenta

While MagicJake is correct...it is a lot of work just for a diagnosis.
    (and the odds of breaking something go up dramatically with each removal and replacement)

A simpler solution would be just to swap the imaging units.

Try swapping with the yellow and see if the stripe follows the imaging unit.

Replaceing the led while not technically difficult is not for the novice, lots of plastic to break, and electrical plugs to separate.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    While MagicJake is correct...it is a lot of work just for a diagnosis.
    (and the odds of breaking something go up dramatically with each removal and replacement)

A simpler solution would be just to swap the imaging units.

Try swapping with the yellow and see if the stripe follows the imaging unit.

Replaceing the led while not technically difficult is not for the novice, lots of plastic to break, and electrical plugs to separate.
    He has already replaced the imaging unit with a new one.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

On the Magenta Developing Unit or whatever Xerox is calling it, you should have a clean developing brush without any interruptions if you turn the developing unit drive gears in the correct direction while it is removed.

If there is something between magnetic roller and the levelling blade ( Dr. Blade) you should be able to remove it by inserting a piece of paper between to get it out and spend those 300$ on something else.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    On the Magenta Developing Unit or whatever Xerox is calling it, you should have a clean developing brush without any interruptions if you turn the developing unit drive gears in the correct direction while it is removed. If there is something between magnetic roller and the levelling blade ( Dr. Blade) you should be able to remove it by inserting a piece of paper between to get it out and spend those 300$ on something else.
    Blizzoo - What would the magnetic roller and leveling blade look like? I am not sure what I'm looking for. I would definitely prefer to see if I can fix it since everything else about the machine is pretty clean and works well except this issue that just started last week.Can I see it from the attached image or do I need to disassemble something?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikewaterloo View Post
    Blizzoo - What would the magnetic roller and leveling blade look like? I am not sure what I'm looking for. I would definitely prefer to see if I can fix it since everything else about the machine is pretty clean and works well except this issue that just started last week.Can I see it from the attached image or do I need to disassemble something?
    In your pick I can see the magnetic roller on the right hand side, is the one covered entirely with Magenta developer/toner. From here the toner is attracted over the drum surface to form the image.

I believe you should disassemble something to get that unit out for inspection/cleaning, you should be able to see if the brush developed is clean or has something stuck under the roller where the Dr. Blade sits.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Please see attached Xerox bulletin

I have used this kit to eliminate lite stripes caused by the developer unit.

While this was not originally intended for the Phaser 7500 I have used it on them with sucess.

Give it a try.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    Please see attached Xerox bulletin

I have used this kit to eliminate lite stripes caused by the developer unit.

While this was not originally intended for the Phaser 7500 I have used it on them with sucess.

Give it a try.
    Thanks Rockdude. I didn't get this to work. I didn't have the mylar scrapper shown, but tried using a sheet of paper like in a previous post along the thin plastic guard in front of the developer roller. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck.
    I think it must be the LED Print head as others have described. I'll have to review the service manual I found over the weekend and see if that's something I think I can tackle.

No one has a contact of anyone who does Xerox service in Iowa do they? Or are you guys not allowed to "freelance" your services if you work for a Xerox authorized service center?

Thanks to everyone who has provided me with suggestions to try and your time looking at the photos!
    Mike

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Thanks Rockdude. I didn't get this to work. I didn't have the mylar scrapper shown, but tried using a sheet of paper like in a previous post along the thin plastic guard in front of the developer roller. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck.
    I think it must be the LED Print head as others have described. I'll have to review the service manual I found over the weekend and see if that's something I think I can tackle.
    No one has a contact of anyone who does Xerox service in Iowa do they? Or are you guys not allowed to "freelance" your services if you work for a Xerox authorized service center?
    Thanks to everyone who has provided me with suggestions to try and your time looking at the photos!
    Mike
    you run the mylar/paper in between the upper frame and the mag roller... most time this issue is caused by toner 'clumped' up in dev unit... this is due to the customer not shaking the toner properly before insertion .

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Hi Phil, I tried your notes again... but I don't see anything on it. But I did clean it.
    Also - I 'm not sure what the FRAGILE belt would be. I've taken some pictures inside the unit to see if that would help. I've added some notes on it, because I don't see an LED bar above where the Imaging Drum goes. Unless I'm completely missing it... which could happen!
    Appreciate your help!
    Thanks,
    Mike
    the belt is your transfer belt that sits ABOVE the drum units, it can tear or scratch VERY easily BE CAREFUL

YES YOU ARE missing the LED bar... pull drum look directly above the drum slot... long bar that goes front to back in the drum area.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello and hope this finds you well. Take out the Magenta Drum unit and shine a light in that cavity to see the developer to the right of where the drum goes. In this case it is magenta and you want to see if it has a FULL BRUSH meaning that it has a consistent amount of developer all the way across the mag roller. Try to visually line up the line on the print to area on developer unit. Developer unit housing and M developer powder can be obtained for about $200. If it is the LED Print Head (LPH) you can see that with drum removed as well by looking down to the left of the developer unit. Same goes for all 4 colors. Again about $200 part.
    Not to say that this cannot be done by yourself if your a tad on the handy side. May take about 2 hrs if your not sure. Shame on the local office for not at least trying to tackle this for you.

Hope this helps.