Don't normally work on xerox. Jobs in the printer queue seem to be holding it up. Made sure any jobs were cleared out of all the computer queues. One job said it had 600,000+ bits & was the hardest to get rid of. No matter how many times delete was selected, it wouldn't go away. A number of jobs would do the same thing, although in the completed jobs tab it would say deleted, but you would go back to the active jobs, it still would be there.
I tried several software resets which seemed to rid of them eventually, but occasionally it appeared that some would come back in the active jobs. Especially that large one. When I left, I got it down to just faxes in the machine. Even then, the first one in line said 'printing' and hanging up.
I plan to go back with firmware and hope for the best. I've read some help forums with people having a similar problem. Some said they did the firmware and it didn't change anything. If this is the case, what would I try next to solve the problem ? I don't have any spare parts to try. Thank you for your consideration.