Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

WC 7125 copy document size detection issue

Hi

I have the following issue with copy from glass only. When I try copy A4 document from glass with DADF closed the machine detect A3 size. When copy is run with DADF opened it copy correctly A4 size.
    I changed whole ADF but problem persist.

Copy from Document feeder tray does not have this issue and works fine.

Can you advise or is it any adjustments which should be performed?

Thanks in advance.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: WC 7125 copy document size detection issue

Ok gonna rack my brain on this one. I believe that in setup/ installation of machine the options for default platen size is set to letter. Can be changed in Admin mode, called Default Paper Size Platen or something similar. Away from my computer so I don't have exact wording. It can also be dirty sensors under platen glass. Remove side platen covers, remove the CVT constant velocity transport is the little to the left separate of platen glass. There are metal brackets held by 1 screws that secures the CVT glass. May have to remove rear cover to access the rear bracket. Just loosen on left side and you should have enough room. The DADF uses the document size sensor on input tray to tell machine the size. The platen only goes off of optical eye under glass. Clean those sensors and both sides of the platen glass.

Hope this helps

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JrTech View Post
    Ok gonna rack my brain on this one. I believe that in setup/ installation of machine the options for default platen size is set to letter. Can be changed in Admin mode, called Default Paper Size Platen or something similar. Away from my computer so I don't have exact wording. It can also be dirty sensors under platen glass. Remove side platen covers, remove the CVT constant velocity transport is the little to the left separate of platen glass. There are metal brackets held by 1 screws that secures the CVT glass. May have to remove rear cover to access the rear bracket. Just loosen on left side and you should have enough room. The DADF uses the document size sensor on input tray to tell machine the size. The platen only goes off of optical eye under glass. Clean those sensors and both sides of the platen glass.

Hope this helps
    Thank you for your post.
    I cant find these settings in admin mode.

If I understand you correctly sensors are under slit glass?. I removed platen glass and cvt glass (to remove the screw which hold cvt glass I had to unscrew control panel). I cannot see these sensors (which are responsible for detecting document size from platen glass). Could you explain where are they located please?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack79 View Post
    Thank you for your post.
    I cant find these settings in admin mode.

If I understand you correctly sensors are under slit glass?. I removed platen glass and cvt glass (to remove the screw which hold cvt glass I had to unscrew control panel). I cannot see these sensors (which are responsible for detecting document size from platen glass). Could you explain where are they located please?
    they will be black looking bars along back side ( running with scanner flow ) and running perpendicular on the front side... they might have 1 or 2 light sensors in them.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    they will be black looking bars along back side ( running with scanner flow ) and running perpendicular on the front side... they might have 1 or 2 light sensors in them.
    Huge respect Phil but still cannot see them.
    I found only 3 sensors.
    1 sensor under CVT glass (I believe home position sensor) on back frame and 2 sensor (APS) next to ccd lens.
    I replaced all 3 but it does not help.

I believe I still missing the correct sensors. Are they located on the carriage or back scanner frame?

First pic shows area under the glass (there are visible 2 sensors next to ccd lens.
    Second pic shows sensor under the cVT glass on the back frame.

English is not my main language so please forgive me my misunderstanding. Is it possible to mark the sensors position (area) on 1st photos please?
    IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This is what the manual say:

The signal from the Platen Angle Sensor indicates when the DADF opens and closes. The control logic responds to a "closed" signal by initiating size sensing. Size sensing also occurs when a user presses the Start button with the DADF open.To determine a document's width, the Exposure Lamp is switched on momentarily, the document is illuminated, and the CCD Image Sensor detects the width (fast scan direction) to the nearest millimeter.
    A document's length (slow scan direction) is detected by the APS Sensors 1 and 2.
    A look-up table is used to determine the size of the document.

If two documents are the same size in the fast scan direction, their slow scan size is determined based on which, if either, of the APS Sensors detects them.
    Example: The scanner different-iates between an A4 LEF and an A3 SEF document because only the A3 SEF document is detected by the APS Sensors.
    The WorkCentre 7120 models for XC have two APS Sensors. These sensors distinguish between 8.5"x11" SEF, 8.5"x13" SEF, and 8.5"x14" SEF.

APS sensor no 2 is near lens.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    This is what the manual say:

The signal from the Platen Angle Sensor indicates when the DADF opens and closes. The control logic responds to a "closed" signal by initiating size sensing. Size sensing also occurs when a user presses the Start button with the DADF open.To determine a document's width, the Exposure Lamp is switched on momentarily, the document is illuminated, and the CCD Image Sensor detects the width (fast scan direction) to the nearest millimeter.
    A document's length (slow scan direction) is detected by the APS Sensors 1 and 2.
    A look-up table is used to determine the size of the document.

If two documents are the same size in the fast scan direction, their slow scan size is determined based on which, if either, of the APS Sensors detects them.
    Example: The scanner different-iates between an A4 LEF and an A3 SEF document because only the A3 SEF document is detected by the APS Sensors.
    The WorkCentre 7120 models for XC have two APS Sensors. These sensors distinguish between 8.5"x11" SEF, 8.5"x13" SEF, and 8.5"x14" SEF.

APS sensor no 2 is near lens.
    Thank you for the explanation
    As I mentioned in previous post I replaced both APS sensors (they are visible in the 1st picture). Unfortunately problem persist.
    I am going on holiday for 2 weeks so I will replace them again once I back just to be sure.
    Anyway if not bad/dirty sensors then what else can cause this problem?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Not these sensors are the problem.
    I wrote something in red. Read again how the size of paper is sensing.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Not these sensors are the problem.
    I wrote something in red. Read again how the size of paper is sensing.

Thank you adriansto. I have read it again and found that lamp does not switch on for a moment as it should while cover is closing.
    I do not have pws laptop and manual is not available as a PDF file. Could you tell me what is the procedure for that fault?
    There are no errors displayed.
    I have checked angle sensor and it works properly (low or high).
    062-002 switrch on lamp so lamp is working.
    Can you help?