Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: 077-130 duplex out sensor on jam

Quote Originally Posted by InterfaceP View Post
    Sounds like the duplex unit is slipping. Very common with 700's, you can try to just replace the belt (visible on the back side of the frame in your pic) pn: 023E27010 and the bearings 413W75959 (x5)

The problem will only get worse, and will result in you having to replace the gears also. Until you solve the issue you can manual duplex, but always print "face up" to prevent the duplex from activating.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks a lot for your suggestions! Please will I have to also replace the bearings should I decide to replace the belt?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mkdirs View Post
    sorry for late response

as the pecture
    No worries mate. Thanks for these pics and your input!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mickey singh View Post
    Theres a belt on the inside of that drawer where the pictures show, theres also about 8 pulleys and bearings, you need to clean the shafts and bearings out, dont grease or oil them, then retension belt at spring tension, theres also a mod kit available with bearings with pulleys!
    It's so hard to get to where the belt, shafts, and pulleys are to give them a good clean. Please do I have to take the drawer cover off?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

You will need the covers off and to remove all the components in the drawer unit. Pre-reg unit, 2nd BTR, Vac transport, Fuser, and Decurler assy.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InterfaceP View Post
    You will need the covers off and to remove all the components in the drawer unit. Pre-reg unit, 2nd BTR, Vac transport, Fuser, and Decurler assy.
    Wow`, fair bit of work. Will do and see how it goes. Tnx

Technician

I had same problem: So You have to clean all bearings where belt is running and also duplex rolls bearings. Dont add any lubricant (excess toner, paperdust). There may be problem that duplex mainshaft clutch is worn - teeths are worn. In that case You have to order new one beacause if all bearings moves freely and if You overtension belt then dup. motor stalls. If tension is normal clutch makes grinding noise. Look PL.4.5 item 13 pulley (attached picture) is there tooths OK. I made thread to know, what is a partnr. for this pulley. Partsmanual gives partnr. for all duplex upper chute.

Try to hear does noise coming from left side of duplex. Duplex motor component control is 077-050.

Greetings,
    Duplex upper chute.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post
    I had same problem: So You have to clean all bearings where belt is running and also duplex rolls bearings. Dont add any lubricant (excess toner, paperdust). There may be problem that duplex mainshaft clutch is worn - teeths are worn. In that case You have to order new one beacause if all bearings moves freely and if You overtension belt then dup. motor stalls. If tension is normal clutch makes grinding noise. Look PL.4.5 item 13 pulley (attached picture) is there tooths OK. I made thread to know, what is a partnr. for this pulley. Partsmanual gives partnr. for all duplex upper chute.

Try to hear does noise coming from left side of duplex. Duplex motor component control is 077-050.

Greetings,
    Duplex upper chute.jpg
    Thanks alot mate! Sorry for late response, being away.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post

Greetings,
    Duplex upper chute.jpg
    Hi Kawai/anyone,

Thanks for your advice again. I've taken the belt and cleaned all bearings where belt is running and also duplex rolls. But I'm having a bit of difficulty putting the belt back on. Please would you happen to have a diagram of the belt on the rolls and bearings?

Please, your help is greatly appreciated!

Technician

Technician

imgur.com/a/N69uzPu