Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Starting Selling Xerox

Starting Selling Xerox

Hello Guys !
    I sell most Ricoh , Konica Minolta and Kyocera ... (Can find cheap machines , tech. support ,easy supplies and parts)
    Sometimes I get from bank some Xerox WC 7232 ; 7120 ; 7220i : 7835 ...
    Its seems a good machine I allready made the basic work with them who is making copies , scan , configure scanner , take out drums , belt , fuser ...
    Can anyone explain me a little bit how XEROX works , because I ear that there its 2 types of machines (Metered and Sold) and if its sold we cannot put toner metered , dont understand has in brands that I work that dont happen.
    Regards

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: Starting Selling Xerox

Metered machines are machines that were sold by Xerox, on what they call a PagePack contract. This basically means Xerox supply the consumables. Because of this, the purchase price of the consumables is cheaper.

Sold machines have RRP priced toner and therefore they block you from putting in cheaper ‘metered’ toner.

If an authorised dealer, you can get sold toner for the same price as metered, the block just stops people on a Xerox contract, selling their cheap toner to normal purchasers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Starting Selling Xerox

The 71xx, 72xx, and 73xx machines so not have separate Meter and Sold toner. Weather machine came off contract or not all toner is same. Now for 74xx, 75xx, 78xx, 79xx and now Altalink ans Versalink that's a different story. Those have separate Metered and Sold toners. For those who don't know Sold toners can be purchased from Staplea, Office depot ie general public can purchase. METERED are only obtained thru Xerox under a PagePak or Similiar plan which includes service all all supplies. Depending on where you are at in the world you also have different toners as well. Check online with manufacturer of machine to see what supplies and reorder number that go to your machine and then shop around.

Hope this helps