Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Xerox Phaser 7760 Drum release lever handle won't go up, it's jammed or stuck

HEllo, got to a customer site and they had tried to install new drums. The left two were installed but the third and fourth would not go in all the way. I tried removing the two already installed and reinstall, but to no avail. The handle also will not go up. It is jammed or stuck and will only go up about half way. I think someone there tried to force it. Could ayone guide me to the fix for this?

I have a feeling I am going to have to take this machine apart. If so, better to do it in-shop or at the customer's location? (Noise made repairing, etc.) Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: Xerox Phaser 7760 Drum release lever handle won't go up, it's jammed or stuck

I'm only slightly familiar with Phasers but, it sounds like the Dev assy is still engaged.

Re: Xerox Phaser 7760 Drum release lever handle won't go up, it's jammed or stuck

Could you tell me how to disengage them if that is the case?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If what I suspect is true it's not a easy job.

Please check the teeth at the bottom of the lift jack handle where they engage the lift assembly (both left and right side).

If you are "VERY LUCKY" you will be able to realign the lift jack handle. (left and right side)
    (See instructions beow. If not replacement of the right and or left lift assembly is a lot of work)

Who knows maybe I am wrong? Remove all developers and try very gently going up and down with the lift jack handle, maybe you do have an obstruction.
    (I hope so for your sake...lol)

Here are you "LUCKY" Instructions...lol

The following procedure will allow the left or right Lift Jacks to be easily realigned in cases where the gears are misaligned by only a few teeth. This procedure will allow you to avoid having to remove the lift jack assemblies and can be done in just a few seconds.

1). Verify alignment of the Lift Jack gears by comparing the line towards the rear of the black plastic cap on the rack gear to the line on the black plastic cover of the hinge gear. Determine in which direction the gears are misaligned.

2). Carefully remove the black plastic cap from the end of the rack gear by pulling towards the front, use pliers if needed.

3). Move the rack gear slightly sideways towards the center of the machine until it disengages from the hinge gear.

4). Move the handle forward or backward as necessary (the distance determined in step 1).

5). Reengage the rack gear to the hinge gear and reinstall the black plastic cap on the end of the rack gear, ensuring that it is fully seated.

6). Compare the line on the rack gear cap to the line on the hinge gear cover and adjust following the same steps if needed.
    Keywords Front to back light, Lift Jack Alignmnet

Awesome, thank you. I will check the machine out with this information and report back. It may be some time but I will reply with the resolution. We may end up replacing the entire machine however.

Thank you , especially rockdude.Following up:I did not finish up the repair unfortunately, another tech did. But he did tell me that in the first drum unit area to the left he stuck a screwdriver in there and unbent a metal tab. I did not see this tab or bent piece, but he assured me that with a strong light you can see it. I hope no one else has to deal with this same problem!