Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    19

    Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533

    I have a service request for a Xerox ColorQube 9303 with Error: 093-533 on the display.

    The customer is approximately 100 miles away from me, so I am trying to decide whether to take the call or not.

    The customer claims they moved the machine while doing some remodeling, and the error code came up soon after.

    Edoc says that the Black reservoir on the print head is not filling within expected time.

    She also says that she had to put 4 or 5 ink sticks in the black inkloader, which she never had to do before.

    I suspect I may be looking at a ink spill inside the machine.

    I don't do a lot of work on these (I have never had to replace a printhead) mainly just the Main Belt, Software updates, a few broken plastic parts.

    Just was looking for some guidance before I travel 100 miles and have no chance of repair.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533

    Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    I have a service request for a Xerox ColorQube 9303 with Error: 093-533 on the display.

    The customer is approximately 100 miles away from me, so I am trying to decide whether to take the call or not.

    The customer claims they moved the machine while doing some remodeling, and the error code came up soon after.

    Edoc says that the Black reservoir on the print head is not filling within expected time.

    She also says that she had to put 4 or 5 ink sticks in the black inkloader, which she never had to do before.

    I suspect I may be looking at a ink spill inside the machine.

    I don't do a lot of work on these (I have never had to replace a printhead) mainly just the Main Belt, Software updates, a few broken plastic parts.

    Just was looking for some guidance before I travel 100 miles and have no chance of repair.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
    93-533 is a rare code to have on a colorqube 92xx / 93xx. Go to your spare parts machine and pull out the complete ink conveyor system. With the distance the client is away, I would also bring a spare marking unit complete.

    The only part that usually goes bad on the conveyor is the pulley that spins the travel belts. Not usually a move related issue. Symptom will be the ink won't travel down the holes anymore.

    Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533

    Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    I have a service request for a Xerox ColorQube 9303 with Error: 093-533 on the display.

    The customer is approximately 100 miles away from me, so I am trying to decide whether to take the call or not.

    The customer claims they moved the machine while doing some remodeling, and the error code came up soon after.

    Edoc says that the Black reservoir on the print head is not filling within expected time.

    She also says that she had to put 4 or 5 ink sticks in the black inkloader, which she never had to do before.

    I suspect I may be looking at a ink spill inside the machine.

    I don't do a lot of work on these (I have never had to replace a printhead) mainly just the Main Belt, Software updates, a few broken plastic parts.

    Just was looking for some guidance before I travel 100 miles and have no chance of repair.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
    P.s. 93-533 is black ink melter is heating to slowly. Did you give the right code? That one is not reservoir related.

    Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-553

    I apologize to all who viewed the correct code is 093-553.

    Sorry about that guys, my fingers and eyes betrayed me.

  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533

    Printhead not filling in time.

    I've had a few of these recently, always resolved by replacing printhead gaskets and the reservoir.

    If you replace reservoir don't forget to power up into IME diagnostics and run dc976 to re-prime the ink delivery system. Before that make sure you've seated the umbilicals corerctly, hard to recover if all the ink in the reservior leaks away

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533

    Will try, Thank You for your reply.

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533

    Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    Will try, Thank You for your reply.

    I don't field service a 093-553 failure. It'll break your heart.

    The solution is to take another fully tested and functional marking unit and swap out the ColorQube-bomb.

    What will happen if you try to do it onsite is an ink leak explosion. Once a used ColorQube print head is pulled you have at best a 50/50 chance of having it reseal. The end result is you will fix the no-fill issue only to have it yak out ink EVERYWHERE.

    At a 100 miles out i would personally take a entire replacement unit with me (the entire machine). You are probably going to open the the unit up to find about another 8 things ready to fail. From the drum drive belt to the stripper assembly to the horizontal paper path top flap and on and on and on and on. Even brand new from the factory, 92xx / 93xx ColorQubes were full of broken bits. Dreadful machines.

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533

    I literally have 20 used 93xx / 92xx colorqubes on hand for parts at any time.

    We have about 12 left out in the field we have to service.

    I will use ALL OF THE 20 MACHINES for parts in 6 months.

    That is how quick the pieces of s**t fail.

  9. #9
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533

    Quote Originally Posted by prismtech View Post
    I literally have 20 used 93xx / 92xx colorqubes on hand for parts at any time.

    We have about 12 left out in the field we have to service.

    I will use ALL OF THE 20 MACHINES for parts in 6 months.

    That is how quick the pieces of s**t fail.
    Thanks for your input "prismtech".

    I already swapped it out for a WS7845, and everything is good agian.

    Thanks again for replying.

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 9303 Error: 093-533

    Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    Thanks for your input "prismtech".

    I already swapped it out for a WS7845, and everything is good agian.

    Thanks again for replying.
    That was the right move.

    Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here