Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    DC 252 Can I run dC135 ATC setup without PWS after developer change

I am going to change the developer in a Docucolor 252 tomorrow and a little nervous about running the Dev ATC setup. Is it possible to do it without a PWS. Thanks so much for any help !!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: DC 252 Can I run dC135 ATC setup without PWS after developer change

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    I am going to change the developer in a Docucolor 252 tomorrow and a little nervous about running the Dev ATC setup. Is it possible to do it without a PWS. Thanks so much for any help !!
    doubtful .. Xerox has made so you HAVE TO HAVE the PWS to do most things now

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yes, you can change the developer without the PWS. In fact, the PWS has no functions related to changing the developer anyway.

The PWS isn't needed for 99% of tasks with the DocuColor 252, and all newer machines. The PWS on modern models only does two things. NVM Save/Restore and Software Download. And some of the ever newer machines make even that irrelevant.

If you are just changing the developer material, you don't need to do ANYthing... Just clean out the old assemblies well, put the new developer in, and you're done.

If you are changing the assemblies, as I suspect you are based on your question, you do need to update the ATC codes. This is done through the UI diagnostics. (That is the only way TO do it, in fact.)

You log into service mode on the UI, and navigate to ATC Sensor Setup. It is in the MAX Setup category.

You can also zero out the HFSI (dC135) for the developers if you like, however like many of the HFSI on the 250-252 series, they aren't used for anything.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    Yes, you can change the developer without the PWS. In fact, the PWS has no functions related to changing the developer anyway.

The PWS isn't needed for 99% of tasks with the DocuColor 252, and all newer machines. The PWS on modern models only does two things. NVM Save/Restore and Software Download. And some of the ever newer machines make even that irrelevant.

If you are just changing the developer material, you don't need to do ANYthing... Just clean out the old assemblies well, put the new developer in, and you're done.

If you are changing the assemblies, as I suspect you are based on your question, you do need to update the ATC codes. This is done through the UI diagnostics. (That is the only way TO do it, in fact.)

You log into service mode on the UI, and navigate to ATC Sensor Setup. It is in the MAX Setup category.

You can also zero out the HFSI (dC135) for the developers if you like, however like many of the HFSI on the 250-252 series, they aren't used for anything.
    Really do appreciate your response. I have always wondered what was going on with the PWS. Sounds like the PWS is fading out of the Xerox world...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Really do appreciate your response. I have always wondered what was going on with the PWS. Sounds like the PWS is fading out of the Xerox world...
    It is still important, for documentation and accessing the BUS notes and bulletins. But for actually hooking up the machines to do diagnostics, that was a pain in the butt and they're working away from that except in specific cases.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post

ok egg on my face.. thanks for the correction!