Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts TechGeek's Avatar

VersaLink C505 MFP Pour Fusing

Our company sold a Xerox Veralink C505 MFP to a client that want to print on heavy paper through the tray not the bypass but i am unable to select the heaviest paper weight through the tray only the bypass. I have the tray set to lightweight card stock and 90% of the time this works just fine but every now and again the toner will flake of when printing the second side. I have scoured the manual but i can not find how i cant find any way to increase the fusing temperature just a little bit. Does anyone have any idea on how i can increase the fusing temp 5 to 10 degrees more?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    VersaLink C505 MFP Pour Fusing

Re: VersaLink C505 MFP Pour Fusing

Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek View Post
    Our company sold a Xerox Veralink C505 MFP to a client that want to print on heavy paper through the tray not the bypass but i am unable to select the heaviest paper weight through the tray only the bypass. I have the tray set to lightweight card stock and 90% of the time this works just fine but every now and again the toner will flake of when printing the second side. I have scoured the manual but i can not find how i cant find any way to increase the fusing temperature just a little bit. Does anyone have any idea on how i can increase the fusing temp 5 to 10 degrees more?
    compare the weight of the paper to the handling specs for the cassette.. more than likely it is not made to that tray.
    make sure the paper type/weight jive on the copier and the computer print drivers...
    why do they refuse to use the bypass? is it due to tray capacity? if so SOL

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: VersaLink C505 MFP Pour Fusing

Machine only supports 60-220 g/m2 but it does support that from both the main tray and the bypass tray.

See table below from the service manual:

paper.jpg

Doesn't appear to be any control over fuser temperature unless it's hidden in an NVM value, the RAP for unfused image doesn't really lead anywhere.