Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Versant 2100 with recurring 93-317 error

Hello Tigers, I need help with recurring error 93-317, at least 6 calls in a month in two Versant 2100 at different
    location. At the beginning I thought it was a problem with the gears of the developer unit, because the duct between
    the dispenser and the developer unit was full, but everything was fine. However, the developer material was poor in toner.
    restored the value of the Nvm 761-265 to 0, I ran the routine of adding or removing toner in auto mod because the target
    and the measured ADC were very different. the measured was very high. the routine achieved balance within 25 points.
    I did 20 halftone test pattern at 50% and everything was fine. closed the call. 3 days later I had the same situation. but now they reported bumping or jumping noise, I found that it was the
    dispensing motor, the dispenser box was completely filled with toner and the motor could not move the augers
    and jumped.I emptied the dispenser, to release the augers. but now the developer material was saturated with toner,
    again I ran the routine of adding or removing toner in automatic mode. the reading was less than the target.
    balance is achieved and the equipment is working well .. Test of individual components say that everything is fine (motor sensors, gears, augers etc.)
    The Rap says that it can be the Paper handling Board or the MCU Board. I do not have any of them and I do not decide
    what to order for the high cost of them. I thought that can be a NVM corruption and I Did a NVM restoration.

A few days and the problem returns with one of the two scenarios, 93-317 or noise of the dispenser and overflowed
    toner duct.I also did replacement of all the related active components of another unit in good condition.
    (Full dispenser.) And developer material. A few days return the same problem. What do you suggest? Thanks for your help

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Versant 2100 with recurring 93-317 error

What developer station was it? Was it more than 1 color dev. station? I know the trickle waste auger can get clogged and cause that same problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There is bulletin to adjust developer gear.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcopytech View Post
    can you post it please?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Wilson View Post
    What developer station was it? Was it more than 1 color dev. station? I know the trickle waste auger can get clogged and cause that same problem.
    Black developer Station .

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcopytech View Post
    Can you share this bulletin. y don`t have the snapshot of this product.

It is possible that the problem is the developer unit k and the ATC sensor is not working correctly, this causes it to provide more toner than necessary to plug the UR and the Dispenser.

But you have to see the data of each of the machines (HSFI) to address the origin of the fault.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by denzel_one View Post
    It is possible that the problem is the developer unit k and the ATC sensor is not working correctly, this causes it to provide more toner than necessary to plug the UR and the Dispenser.

But you have to see the data of each of the machines (HSFI) to address the origin of the fault.
    Black dev Housing and developer material were replaced in one machine and ATC sensor and Developer material were replaced in the other machine, dispenser drive Assy and low toner sensor were replaced in both machines.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

First:

The dispensers work with control logic software. There is an expectation of a low toner condition in the auger assembly (low toner sensor) after a predetermined amount of auger dispense on time. At the time of sensing low toner, the cartridge motor is turned on and the logic expectation is for the low toner sensor area to fill and to indicate toner present. If it doesn’t sense toner after running the cartridge motor, it assumes the toner cartridge is empty and tells the operator to replace it.
    However…. If the low toner sensor never sees a low toner condition after a predetermined amount of auger time, the logic assumes that the auger is not working properly and starts to increment the failure NVM up to 3, broken. With that said, the machine/logic will never give a working “blessing” until it sees a low toner condition (like when you put a NEW dispenser in it).
    Also, if a new dispenser is put in - but primed it or slammed the toner cartridge into it - before entering operating mode, filling the low toner sensor area with toner, it will not reset the logic and it will continue to tell you it has a broken dispenser. So, in short, the machine is waiting to see no toner in the dispenser to start working again (even after the reset of the NVM).
    Typically the failure mode is that the sensor never sees a low toner condition, usually because the very fine wire that wipes the face of the sensor clean gets wrapped around the auger and no longer can clean the face of the sensor.

Second:

93-317 Fault Code for Black Dispenser Appears after making a few Prints.
    This error was happening because of one dispenser auger inside the the Toner Dispenser Assembly has come out of the Gear Slot and not rotating with the drive Gear. This results in Toner being accumulated on one side of the dispenser and given excess force to rotate the Toner Auger to the opposite direction post completing the Toner despensing Motor Rotaion .So the Toner was pouring inside the Develpper Module and exhibiting the Status code 93-317 for Black Color.
    Refitted the Dispenser Auger drive side end tp Gears slot properly had solved the problem of 93-317.

Good ideea:

Apply these NVM changes on all colours to machines to prevent them from gettin the toner dispense fault codes:

Y DC131-761-280 from 75000 to 130000
    M DC131-761-281 from 75000 to 130000
    C DC131-761-282 from 75000 to 130000
    K DC131-761-283 from 75000 to 130000

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you all for your valuable help, especially adriansto for the valuable information on how the dispenser works. 3 weeks have passed and I have not received more calls 93-317, I still do not know what causes the problem.