Technician

ITB Home Position sensor and ITB belt (7232)

Back again: Those any one know where i can buy the ITB and ITB home position sensor for xerox 7232 ?
    Please...Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: ITB Home Position sensor and ITB belt (7232)

001R00610 IBT Assembly. This will come with Belt Home Sensor as that is on the frame. This sensor is on the upper left hand side of belt assembly if you are looking at it as if it were in the machine. There is a shiny silver patch on the underside of the belt. This patch on the belt is read by a little spring action sensor and when the silver patch comes in contact with sensor it says Hey I'm Home.

I would not recommend you purchase just the belt for self installation as you DO NOT have very much room to put these on. If you are Tech savvy and want to try it. Be very careful when putting the tension roller back in and remember the silver patch must go on back side.

If you Google Xerox 001R00610 you can purchase pretty much anywhere on the web. If you are US based there are a few companies that offer these in a rebuilt / re - manufactured and brand new. There is a company called Parts Drop in New Jersey that carries both versions of the assembly

Hope this helps

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

001R00610 is the belt for the 7120/7220 series, NOT the 7232.

The patches usually fix the problem on the 7232. Part number is 604K45000 or 604K45001. The patches for the DC250 family also work.

The ITB itself and ITB home sensor don't break often. I have a home sensor if you need one. The belt and belt assembly are hard to get nowadays, these are old machines...
    Last edited by Detonation; 01-21-2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: missing info

What do you mean by; The patches usually fix the problem on the 7232.
    What's a patch?
    I'm getting that error 089-311 turning it on and off is getting old hoping a cleaning will fix it.
    Also looking for the service manual.

Thanks, Kelly

service technician 50+ Posts hnami's Avatar

Cool Re: ITB Home Position sensor and ITB belt (7232)

Ibt belt is very Sensitive to facing the front mirror inside the belt. From the service menu, you can drag the belt up and down so that the reflector is in front of the sensor.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by workcentre7232 View Post
    What do you mean by; The patches usually fix the problem on the 7232.
    What's a patch?
    I'm getting that error 089-311 turning it on and off is getting old hoping a cleaning will fix it.
    Also looking for the service manual.

Thanks, Kelly
    There is a reflective patch (square shiny sticker) on the belt that passes a sensor. When the patch is damaged or the sensor is dirty, you will get this error. Since the patch is on the outside of the ITB for this model, it is easy to check if it is ok. Often the glue lets go, then it is best to just remove the patch and glue residue, and replace with a new patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

service technician 50+ Posts hnami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    There is a reflective patch (square shiny sticker) on the belt that passes a sensor. When the patch is damaged or the sensor is dirty, you will get this error. Since the patch is on the outside of the ITB for this model, it is easy to check if it is ok. Often the glue lets go, then it is best to just remove the patch and glue residue, and replace with a new patch.

When the belt move to up or down reflector com out of position and you shod adjust it

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

As far as I know there is no way to adjust the belt on the 7232.

It is pretty common for the sensor to become dirty, as it is, inconveniently enough, located under the belt.

Thanks for the response, I took it all apart and cleaned it but no luck that patch is scratched.
    I found a replacement patch on part drop I may try that before buying a new belt.
    I'm temped to cut a piece of aluminum tape and covering the damaged patch with it, maybe I'll luck out and it will word.

Thanks Again!

As far as I know there is no way to adjust the belt on the 7232.

It is pretty common for the sensor to become dirty, as it is, inconveniently enough, located under the belt.
    The patch fixed it.
    Just wanted to pass that along in case someone else is having the same issue.

Thanks for the advice.