Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    WorkCenter 7835 will not Altboot

Re: WorkCenter 7835 will not Altboot

Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    I haven't figured out a way to reset the admin password without Altboot just yet...Can someone enlighten me?
    There is software application.
    Enter the machine serial number and total meter and the software generate 12 digit code.
    This code will be input into machine special menu and reset the admin passwd to default.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by LamsterPaul View Post
    I´m Looking for the Xerox PWS Programm to reset an WC7835,
    someone Change the Admin Passwort, so I can´t go in anymore,
    and the USB Looks like disabled,
    I´ve try all to do an Altboot from USB Flash (FAT 32) and will not success with it,

I like to try to go in with an PWS and reinstall the Software, I´ve done this allready on an 3535 and 9301,
    but i can´t find a Software for my 7835 on my very old PWS Laptop

thanks for any help
    Paul
    1- enter diagnostic mode >> hold "0" for 10s then press Start >> password 6789

2- tab on Adjustments then tab on dc301 NVM initialization >> choose Copier >> Copy Controller>>select All >> then initialize.

3- tab on Call Closeout then Exit & Reboot.

4- after the machine turned on you find it in a Non Customer Mode.

5- again enter diagnostic mode again >> hold "0" for 10s then press Start >> password 6789

6- tab on Adjustments then tab on dc131 NVM Read/Write > enter 616-014 >> change the value to 2

7- again tab on Close >>Call Closeout then Exit & Reboot.

8- while the machine is turning choose customer then follow the setup as you want till reach to Lock or Unlock Tools >> choose Unlock Tools.

9- you will never need the admin password again to login to the web page.

Kaywords: xerox 7835 admin password problem, 7225, 7845, 7856, 7830, 7820, login problem, xerox workcentre 7545 default admin password not working, xerox password reset, xerox workcentre 7545 default password problem
    Last edited by he7060; 09-03-2020 at 06:05 AM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I'm not sure I'd recommend initialising NVM for this purpose, you'd lose a lot of setting. But changing NVM for the system install phase is an interesting idea.

Paul,
    Try in this order;
    1) USB port on the IP board 2) Try a different USB ThumbDrive (smaller the better) 3) Double check your filing structure is correct and that your files have NO file extentions. I also think the USB has to be formated in FAT not FAT32.

Good Luck!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Many better options have been provided already, but just as general information, you DON'T USE a PWS laptop on this machine for AltBoot. You just use a simple USB stick, formatted correctly, with the software on it.

The machines you mentioned which you did AltBoot on (3535 and 9301) are ancient, nothing is done that way anymore. It isn't even possible.

All Xerox WorkCentre models from the last 10 years are the procedure below. You just get the latest software (DLM) from the Xerox website. (The regular Xerox customer website.)

For the WC78xx machines:

Forced Altboot Upgrade Process

Requirements
    - Must use a USB thumb drive with at least 300MB of free space.
    - The DLM file must be in a folder named Altboot at the root level of the USB drive while ensuring that you DO NOT have a folder called Upgrade at the root of the USB drive.
    - Within the Altboot folder on the USB thumb drive a file named FORCED_UPGRADE (case sensitive with no file extension) must be included.

Procedure
    1. Power down the WorkCentre.
    2. While the power is off insert the correctly configured USB thumb drive into the USB slot at the front of the machine.
    3. Power on the machine and within minutes, the local UI will display the message “Machine NOT Available” and “Please wait... Services are being retrieved”.
    4. Soon after this, the Upgrade Interface window will be displayed on the WorkCentre’s User Interface, showing the upgrade progress of all relevant modules.
    5. After the upgrade has completed the network controller will initialize, and after a delay it will automatically print a Configuration Report, and reconnect to the network.
    6. The device is ready for use.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    Many better options have been provided already, but just as general information, you DON'T USE a PWS laptop on this machine for AltBoot. You just use a simple USB stick, formatted correctly, with the software on it.

The machines you mentioned which you did AltBoot on (3535 and 9301) are ancient, nothing is done that way anymore. It isn't even possible.

All Xerox WorkCentre models from the last 10 years are the procedure below. You just get the latest software (DLM) from the Xerox website. (The regular Xerox customer website.)

For the WC78xx machines:

Forced Altboot Upgrade Process

Requirements
    - Must use a USB thumb drive with at least 300MB of free space.
    - The DLM file must be in a folder named Altboot at the root level of the USB drive while ensuring that you DO NOT have a folder called Upgrade at the root of the USB drive.
    - Within the Altboot folder on the USB thumb drive a file named FORCED_UPGRADE (case sensitive with no file extension) must be included.

Procedure
    1. Power down the WorkCentre.
    2. While the power is off insert the correctly configured USB thumb drive into the USB slot at the front of the machine.
    3. Power on the machine and within minutes, the local UI will display the message “Machine NOT Available” and “Please wait... Services are being retrieved”.
    4. Soon after this, the Upgrade Interface window will be displayed on the WorkCentre’s User Interface, showing the upgrade progress of all relevant modules.
    5. After the upgrade has completed the network controller will initialize, and after a delay it will automatically print a Configuration Report, and reconnect to the network.
    6. The device is ready for use.

You Da man brother!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Caffeine summed it up right. But if the USB ports have been disabled on the machine and you have lost the admin password, then indeed you will need to obtain a 12-digit code to reset the admin password, as Adriansto pointed out.