Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

ColorQube 9301 document feeder

Hi team. Not a Xerox tech at all, so forgive my stupidness. This one is favor for boss's friend.
    There are 2 problems with DF(ADF, RADF, DADF, don't know Xerox name for document feeder).
    First, it takes whole bunch of originals like there is no separation. Cleared 3 tinny white rolls, works better
    but not ideal. Thinking to replace rollers, but curious if there are some adjustments of separation or else?
    Second and bigger problem, originals are contaminate with black lines, dots, sorry forgot to take pictures.
    Traced down lines to the couple of black rubber(or like rubber) exit rolls, they are like decayed, or something very adhesive and almost like asphalt sticks to them.
    I attempted to clean them but no dice. Any advices as usual will be greatly appreciated.

TIA
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: ColorQube 9301 document feeder

Replace the ADF feed and seperation rollers and the gooey exit roller. The feed roller assembly is 113R00718 and I think the exit roller is 059K43920 but not sure.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Be "VERY" careful handing the Feed Roll assembly.

The plastic "breaks VERY easily".

Make sure you follow the manual for replacing the ADF feed roll assembly.

In fact the last few I ordered from Xerox came broken right from the wharehouse.

Good luck

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Sorry, this comment but I replaced three Xerox Color Cube 8900 today with 3x new Toshiba e2010 AC with RADF doc feeder.

The Xerox Colour Cube 8900 definitely sucks compared to a low end A3 Toshiba e2010AC 2019 copier. Still higher cost to acquire but you pay for what you do not get.

"Long after the price is forgotten, the product is still there".

I had time to explore the Xerox web browser and print driver.

Colour solid ink wax toner from Xerox is definitely a great idea from that sucks in my real world experience.

Bonne Chance!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Folks, thank you all for your input. Have to resolve both issues for customer to use DADF for scanning.
    May be able to source ADF feeld assy but exit rollers, I doubt.
    As I have no manual, how hard is to get to them to attempt atleast proper cleaning?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.