Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 5325 093-916

Xerox 5325 093-916

Machine says "The toner cartridge is not fully installed. Pull out the cartridge and reinstall or press the C button to cancel"

At the bottom of the display 093-916 error is indicated. I will be detailed in my below description of this issue as it will likely help others with the same issue in the future.

Description 093-916 error:Toner CRUM Not In Position RAP The Toner CRUM is not in the proper position. NOTE: When turning the power OFF, turn OFF the power switch first and then the main power switch. NOTE: The WC 5325/5330/5335 is shipped with “Worldwide Neutral” Toner Cartridge. When the cartridges shipped with the machine are installed, the machine is set to Worldwide Neutral configuration. When the first toner cartridge is replaced in the WC 5325/5330/5335, the Geographic Differentiation Code and Toner Cartridge Type in NVM are automatically changed to the same settings as the replacement cartridge. Once these NVM are set, the WC 5325/5330/5335 toner configuration can only be changed with a CRUM conversion. One or more Toner Cartridges are of the wrong type (i.e., a “Sold” cartridge installed in a “metered” configured machine.

Putting the origional empty toner back in the machine does not reset the error indication. Nor does cycling the power switch with the origional empty toner installed reset the 093-916 error.

Apparently, customer inadvertently purchased and tried to insert a "metered toner cartridge" I have ordered and will install the non metered cartridge to resolve the issue. It is also interesting that 093-916 and not 093-926 is displayed.

Question: Does the machine lock you out once the wrong toner has been installed or will just simply replacing the cartridge with the correct non-metered type toner resolve the issue and restore operation?

Either way......I will followup and post the results for future reference.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 02-16-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Xerox 5325 093-916

Re: Xerox 5325 093-916

Ok, here's the followup...............

Our supplier sent us the wrong type (metered) toner. This is what initiated the 093-916 error. The correct toner did not fix the issue and the customer is locked out and cannot use the copier.

Normally on the Xerox copiers , if you add the metered toner to a sold toner unit, simply adding the correct toner will resolve the error and restore operation.

But, if you have a brand new machine.......the toner type when shipped is set to worldwide neutral....and if you make the mistake of adding a metered cartridge to a new unit you permanently set that machine to metered. (The first replacement toner added permanently configures the copier) Not a problem right? The customer can now use the cheaper metered toner and save a fortune.
    Wrong, the metered toner also requires a pin authorization thru Xerox. Without it, the copier will not operate. And since adding the correct "sold toner" (non-metered) will now not return the copier to the non-metered condition,your only option will be to install a Xerox WorkCentre 5325 Crum conversion kit.

Again, this only happens when you have a new machine and are replacing the very first toner. Normally on the Xerox copiers , if you add the metered toner to a sold toner unit, simply adding the correct toner will resolve the error and restore operation. Hoping this info helps others in the future.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Xerox 5325 093-916

Crum conversion kit is available online for the Xerox® WorkCentre™ 5222 5225 5230 Crum Conversion Kit Part #'s 960K65620 106R01305 502P11531

The 5325 toner cartridge crum engages with the copier crum Part# 604K68220 CRUM PWB
    Would just replacing this copier crum complete the crum conversion or does the MCU pwb also need to be replaced(NVM & eeprom)

I believe it probable that since the info is stored also on the NVM and the copier toner Crum and since the 3 "Billing PWB's have matching serial numbers, product model number, and billing count, that only Xerox corp can reset this issue.

That being said I am hoping a crum conversion kit is indeed available to assist the customer.
    I cannot find the Crum conversion kit for the 5325 (WorkCentre 5300 series) anywhere. I already checked with The Parts Drop. If anyone has the part number and/or a vendor for the 5300 series crum conversion kit I would appreciate the info-thanks.

The Xerox Corp supply rep tried to get support for the issue and was denied assistance from the tech support personnel.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 02-21-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 5325 093-916

You must contact Xerox for this problem.
    It is CRUM conversion chip only for copier machine.
    For copier printer machine is other procedure.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox 5325 093-916

If you ask REAL NICELY Xerox tech support will send you a software snippet that will reset the machine back to "Neutral" for the type of
    toner to be used. Allowing you to put in the correct cartridge and your done. (You have to give them a serial number and page count)

Good Luck

Xerox 5325 093-916

Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    If you ask REAL NICELY Xerox tech support will send you a software snippet that will reset the machine back to "Neutral" for the type of
    toner to be used. Allowing you to put in the correct cartridge and your done. (You have to give them a serial number and page count)

Good Luck
    Thanks for responding. I verified that on the 5300 series you are correct. There is no hardware kit to do this.
    It can be done remotely. For the WC 5325 it must be done by software coding (snippet). to to change printer regionalization back to worldwide neutral. Then inserting the correct first toner (the sold version instead of the metered) will permanently set the machine to the correct toner type.