Color alignment on 700i after C/K ROS replacement

I replaced the C/K ROS on my 700i and need help to align (fit) the colors with each other. The colors are a good .020" off in circumferentially and laterally. I made sure the ROS was seated properly and removed the IBT belt and check sensors etc. So, what can I do from this point. Thanks.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Color alignment on 700i after C/K ROS replacement

Quote Originally Posted by harmjen View Post
    I replaced the C/K ROS on my 700i and need help to align (fit) the colors with each other. The colors are a good .020" off in circumferentially and laterally. I made sure the ROS was seated properly and removed the IBT belt and check sensors etc. So, what can I do from this point. Thanks.
    so did you just slap the new ROS in place?
    did you follow the instructions in the SM for this procedure?
    besides replacing ROS did you clean the machine?
    did you CLEAN ( you said check) the sensors?
    how did the ITB look?
    are you a certified tech for the Xerox unit?

Thanks for your input. I'm not a Xerox tech., but have a 250 SM and have been successful with other fixes on the 700i and old 5000 which is still in service. Yes, I did slap (gently) the new ROS in place. I did not use a meter on any sensors but I did remove the IBT and cleaned the sensors with compressed air and cleaned everything else. The belt is not great but I've seen worse with better results. Since the ROS was bad, I assumed that it was only the culprit.

Thanks for your input. I'm not a Xerox tech., but have a 250 SM and have been successful with other fixes on the 700i and old 5000 which is still in service. Yes, I did slap (gently) the new ROS in place. I did not use a meter on any sensors but I did remove the IBT and cleaned the sensors with compressed air and cleaned everything else. The belt is not great but I've seen worse with better results. Since the ROS was bad, I assumed that it was only the culprit.
    See.. there ALWAYS are adjustments needed and service modes to perform after installation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    See.. there ALWAYS are adjustments needed and service modes to perform after installation.

It looks like the only way I'm going to get the colors to register is use the PWS registration tool. There is no way that I can do in from the UI. So, either I find the software or a laptop with it installed or I call a service rep. Do you have any other advise? Thanks

It looks like the only way I'm going to get the colors to register is use the PWS registration tool. There is no way that I can do in from the UI. So, either I find the software or a laptop with it installed or I call a service rep. Do you have any other advise? Thanks
    Hire a Technician

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There isnt any pws registration tool.
    The colour registration is part of maxsetup routine.
    You must follow the procedures from service manual and watch where is the error
    There is pws nvm access and software download tool with you can manipulate more easy the nvms.
    If you think this tool can help you send me mail.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    There isnt any pws registration tool.
    The colour registration is part of maxsetup routine.
    You must follow the procedures from service manual and watch where is the error
    There is pws nvm access and software download tool with you can manipulate more easy the nvms.
    If you think this tool can help you send me mail.

I appreciate your help so much. I went through the MAX Setup and found no problems with any applicable diagnosis. Densities and print quality are good. But after running grid test, CMYK still do not lay down on top of each other. However, it looks like adj 9.8 and 9.9 (Regicon) would be the correct adjustments but they cannot be accessed without the PWS tool. If you have that tool which will address these adjustments, my email is harmon@penformsusa.com Thank you.