Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox Phaser 6180 Toners

I bougt some cheap toner carts a year ago and tested each one. But when I went to use one recently I found a line on the output consistent with the diameter of the roller on the black cart. Upon inspection I found the line. I have since found rollers-only for sale and ordered some. They don't have an install manual, but I took an old one apart and figured how to replace the old roller with the new when it arrives next week: Remove springs and end pieces, remove retaining O-ring-clip from one end of the SS shaft, slide out the shaft. The cart comes apart and allows removal of the roller and end-gear. Hope it is that easy when reinstalling!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Phaser 6180 Toners

Re: Xerox Phaser 6180 Toners

Quote Originally Posted by hmartinp View Post
    I bougt some cheap toner carts a year ago and tested each one. But when I went to use one recently I found a line on the output consistent with the diameter of the roller on the black cart. Upon inspection I found the line. I have since found rollers-only for sale and ordered some. They don't have an install manual, but I took an old one apart and figured how to replace the old roller with the new when it arrives next week: Remove springs and end pieces, remove retaining O-ring-clip from one end of the SS shaft, slide out the shaft. The cart comes apart and allows removal of the roller and end-gear. Hope it is that easy when reinstalling!!!
    You have provided the answer ... CHEAP TONER and you said you "tested" them.. did you install in the machine and print with them? now the toners have been clocked and you will not be able to install when the one in the machine show EMPTY

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    You have provided the answer ... CHEAP TONER and you said you "tested" them.. did you install in the machine and print with them? now the toners have been clocked and you will not be able to install when the one in the machine show EMPTY
    Yes, I printed with them as a test a year ago and last week inserted one after the other...they ALL printed but with the lines on each page coincident with the roller dia. So if you are implying with "clocked" as if I was locked out after 1st use,......I was not.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Phaser 6180 Toners

Quote Originally Posted by hmartinp View Post
    Yes, I printed with them as a test a year ago and last week inserted one after the other...they ALL printed but with the lines on each page coincident with the roller dia. So if you are implying with "clocked" as if I was locked out after 1st use,......I was not.
    No.
    If you have a toner in unit showing EMPTY

When you put one of the "tested" carts in it will read empty on that one also.
    Being a NON xerox.
    The chips may not respond properly either

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    No.
    If you have a toner in unit showing EMPTY

When you put one of the "tested" carts in it will read empty on that one also.
    Being a NON xerox.
    The chips may not respond properly either

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The non-Xerox carts seem to work fine REGARDLESS of the order in which I insert them. They always show full, like the OEM carts. The carts never show empty when near being depleted. They just show a warning to REPLACE SOON. And then the printer stops working when it determines their life is up.