Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

DC 5252 4-328 Belt Drive Motor Fail

Cleaned both home position sensors, rollers, and checked that 2nd Bt roller is not in up position. Ibt belt will move about 2 cm upon startup and then I get error code. Belt moves manually in service position. Any help is appreciated!

Unhappy Re: DC 5252 4-328 Belt Drive Motor Fail

Still having this issue. When i'm in diagnostics I run steering cam initialize and I hear a little noise for about a second and then nothing. Is this normal since it doesn't specify the time it should run for? Please help, I need to get this thing running ASAP. Thanks!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: DC 5252 4-328 Belt Drive Motor Fail

There is an nvme you need to reset if you have more than three errors with the IBT home position sensing. Or it could be the reflective tape on the inside of the IBT belt that starting to peel or getting worn and you can delicately peel off the tape and replace it with new reflective tape and then you still have to reset the NVM

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Wilson View Post
    There is an nvme you need to reset if you have more than three errors with the IBT home position sensing. Or it could be the reflective tape on the inside of the IBT belt that starting to peel or getting worn and you can delicately peel off the tape and replace it with new reflective tape and then you still have to reset the NVM
    The home position too long chain was at 0 but I reset it anyways. The reflective patch looks fine, the belt isn't moving enough to locate the sensor. Could the drive motor fail/not be getting enough voltage? I feel like when I raise the belt it feels harder to move manually when inside the machine. Is that normal? Maybe something is keeping it from moving?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It could be that maybe some of your drum hubs are screwed in too tight that can sometimes cause a drag on the IBT belt also your drive roll at the left hand side of the IBT assembly could be dirty and needs to be cleaned with some kind of solution that won't dry the material out on the roll for better traction . Feel free to give me a call if you like.714-292-6912

Thanks a lot for the call! I removed the IBT belt and tried to run a belt cycle and observed that the roller/motor was not moving at all. Looks like it must have burnt out. I'm going to replace the motor and see if that works, I'll post back after I install.