Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Docucolor 260 colors are way off - Calibration ?

Hey all,

I appreciate any help, I have been trying to fix the colors on a Xrox DC 260, attached you would see 2 images , the first one is how the image should print (printed on another Xerox) and the second is how the print is coming on the DC 260 that I am trying to fix, obviously the good one is where the leafs are green, the bad one where the leafs are more like blue, I tried the color calibration a few times using the Kodak strips, nothing fixed though I save the results, but even the calibration results are not satisfactory.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Docucolor 260 colors are way off - Calibration ?

Quote Originally Posted by wmoussa View Post
    Hey all,

I appreciate any help, I have been trying to fix the colors on a Xrox DC 260, attached you would see 2 images , the first one is how the image should print (printed on another Xerox) and the second is how the print is coming on the DC 260 that I am trying to fix, obviously the good one is where the leafs are green, the bad one where the leafs are more like blue, I tried the color calibration a few times using the Kodak strips, nothing fixed though I save the results, but even the calibration results are not satisfactory.

It looks like one color is missing say yellow.
    go to diagnostics and print test pattern yellow and other colors too. i hope you would find the solution.
    check all consumables (drum, Developer unit, ) then check laser glass

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check Yellow development. The the Yellow developer housing Bias is not good.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorTch View Post
    Check Yellow development. The the Yellow developer housing Bias is not good.
    wmoussa, thanks for your post. I think I'm having similar issue with my xerox 700, but in my case the the yellow is not solid. First there was error code 093-314. After several overides (so i could get some urgent jobs out of the way) of the code with about 10% yellow printing. I eventually replaced the yellow dispenser motor after some feedback. After replaciing the yellow dispenser motor, there was no yellow on the prints just like your second print. So out of desperation to meet deadline, I took out the yellow dispenser and naively put some yellow in the developer unit (NOT RECOMMENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE). Hense, yellow not being solid. I hope you get a resolution for your machine...I wonder how you could fix the yellow Bias?

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 1.41.13 pm.jpgScreen Shot 2019-03-31 at 1.41.25 pm.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaku01 View Post
    wmoussa, thanks for your post. I think I'm having similar issue with my xerox 700, but in my case the the yellow is not solid. First there was error code 093-314. After several overides (so i could get some urgent jobs out of the way) of the code with about 10% yellow printing. I eventually replaced the yellow dispenser motor after some feedback. After replaciing the yellow dispenser motor, there was no yellow on the prints just like your second print. So out of desperation to meet deadline, I took out the yellow dispenser and naively put some yellow in the developer unit (NOT RECOMMENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE). Hense, yellow not being solid. I hope you get a resolution for your machine...I wonder how you could fix the yellow Bias?

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 1.41.13 pm.jpgScreen Shot 2019-03-31 at 1.41.25 pm.jpg

This does not seem to be a problem of polarization rather a problem of distribution of the revealing material to form the magnetic brush.
    check the yellow magnetic brush if it is even. If it is not, something is obstructing the distribution of the revealing material. It could be the mylar of top cover seal the developing unit, or the magnetic roller has lost its magnetic properties

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorTch View Post
    This does not seem to be a problem of polarization rather a problem of distribution of the revealing material to form the magnetic brush.
    check the yellow magnetic brush if it is even. If it is not, something is obstructing the distribution of the revealing material. It could be the mylar of top cover seal the developing unit, or the magnetic roller has lost its magnetic properties
    Thanks mate, your advice was spot on!

Technician

Hey all,

So I replaced the toner unit, the whole unit , and now the red is coming more like Orange.

One more issue I noticed is that it looks like the printer is not saving any calibration result I do, I did it many times as user and as admin, also the printer wont save time/date , date is 2002, tried to change it a few times with no success

Technician

its a printing issue, not a laser or laser glass, all my toners are original Xerox as well as drums,

Anyone knows why this Xerox DC is not saving calibration results, and not saving dates and time when I change them?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

its a printing issue, not a laser or laser glass, all my toners are original Xerox as well as drums,

Anyone knows why this Xerox DC is not saving calibration results, and not saving dates and time when I change them?
    what you have is a dead/dying CMOS battery....

replace it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    what you have is a dead/dying CMOS battery....

replace it.
    Thank you so much, how to change the battery ?