Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox WC 6605/Phaser6600/ Dell 2660dn  092-671 "Reseat M Toner and M Drum" error

Xerox WC 6605/Phaser6600/ Dell 2660dn 092-671 "Reseat M Toner and M Drum" error

Xerox WC 6605/Phaser6600/ Dell C2660dn/C2665dn 092-671 error code

ErrorCode 092-671 "Reseat M Toner and M Drum" signifies:
    Magenta Patch Error/IOT could not recover toner density.

Steps we already did:

cleaned the ROS windows for each drum
    reseated the magenta drum and toner
    Cleaned the CTD Sensor
    replaced M toner cartridge
    replaced M drum (all 4 drums actually since they come in a kit)

After replacing the magenta drum unit-----the error went away but came back again after only 2 days.

Customer is using LD Products generic color toners.

Based on the unit working for a couple days and how toner is supplied to the drums:

Upper Dispenser Motor Assembly (PL5.1.1) drives the paddle in the Toner Cartridge and the auger of
    the Dispenser Assembly and feeds toner to the development section in the Imaging Unit

Now suspect that Magenta toner is not supplied to the drum. Probable bad toner dispenser unit or auger not turning. The motor drives both Magenta and Yellow, so since the Yellow drum is not giving an error...........the motor is most probably fine and the dispenser unit for magenta has failed.

Remarks/Comments appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by blazebusiness; 03-09-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox WC 6605/Phaser6600/ Dell 2660dn  092-671 "Reseat M Toner and M Drum" error

Re: Xerox WC 6605/Phaser6600/ Dell 2660dn 092-671 "Reseat M Toner and M Drum" error

my boss ( cheap ass ) pushed most of our customers to LD or Clover....
    I spent TOO much time chasing these pieces of shit.

i know LD is touted as a 'good' cart.. don't believe it.

are you supplying them or is customer?
    are they on a maintenance plan? if so.. void it.. you will waste time-gas-resources and hair if he continues this practice.

Re: Xerox WC 6605/Phaser6600/ Dell 2660dn 092-671 "Reseat M Toner and M Drum" error

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    my boss ( cheap ass ) pushed most of our customers to LD or Clover....
    I spent TOO much time chasing these pieces of shit.

i know LD is touted as a 'good' cart.. don't believe it.

are you supplying them or is customer?
    are they on a maintenance plan? if so.. void it.. you will waste time-gas-resources and hair if he continues this practice.
    No maint agreement.......Customer is buying their own toner from LD Products ------------not from us. You and I both know that the generics are a huge savings but do not come without risk. Obviously oem is the way to go. It is certainly possible that the generic toner provoked this. Hard to know for sure.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    No maint agreement.......Customer is buying their own toner from LD Products ------------not from us. You and I both know that the generics are a huge savings but do not come without risk. Obviously oem is the way to go. It is certainly possible that the generic toner provoked this. Hard to know for sure.
    Get into toner supply to dev.
    More than likely its clogged..had this on 3. 6605's @ NCDOJ. THEY got really pissed and dropped us & LD as soon as I got machines running..
    The I got razzed from boss for talking shit about the toners he sold them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Get into toner supply to dev.
    More than likely its clogged..had this on 3. 6605's @ NCDOJ. THEY got really pissed and dropped us & LD as soon as I got machines running..
    The I got razzed from boss for talking shit about the toners he sold them.

By getting into toner supply for developer I assume you mean removing the:

Disp Assy- M (Dispenser Assembly - M) part# 094K93422 and checking for blockage/clogs. Problem is it will be very labor intensive --customer probably won't want to pay that much for labor and a lot of stuff has to be removed (see below)

Dispenser Assemblies Y, M, C, K
    PL5.1.4-7
    Note: The Dispenser Assemblies must be removed in order from the bottom, K, C, M, Y .
    1. Remove the Toner Cartridges Y, M, C, K. (page 4-37)
    2. Remove the Transfer Belt Assembly. (page 4-38)
    3. Remove the Imaging Units Y, M, C, K. (page 4-48)
    4. Remove the Upper Dispenser Motor Assembly. (page 4-27)
    5. Remove the Bypass Tray Frame Assembly. (page 4-65)
    6. Disengage the connector of the Dispenser Assembly K.
    7. Remove the three screws (silver, tapping, 8mm) that attach the Dispenser Assembly K and pull the
    Dispenser Assembly K to the front while pressing the lug on the left side inward with a screwdriver.
    8. Remove the two screws (silver, tapping, 8mm) that attach the Frame Duct (PL4.1.1) to the printer
    and remove the duct.
    9. Disengage the connectors connected to the Dispenser Assemblies in the order of C, M, and Y.
    Remove the three screws (silver, tapping, 8mm) that attach each Dispenser Assembly, and pull the
    Dispenser Assemblies to the front in the order of C, M, and Y while pressing the lug on the left side
    inward with a screwdriver.
    s6600-

I'll probably just recommend an affordable replacement unit. Appreciate the time you spent responding. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    By getting into toner supply for developer I assume you mean removing the:

Disp Assy- M (Dispenser Assembly - M) part# 094K93422 and checking for blockage/clogs. Problem is it will be very labor intensive --customer probably won't want to pay that much for labor and a lot of stuff has to be removed (see below)

Dispenser Assemblies Y, M, C, K
    PL5.1.4-7
    Note: The Dispenser Assemblies must be removed in order from the bottom, K, C, M, Y .
    1. Remove the Toner Cartridges Y, M, C, K. (page 4-37)
    2. Remove the Transfer Belt Assembly. (page 4-38)
    3. Remove the Imaging Units Y, M, C, K. (page 4-48)
    4. Remove the Upper Dispenser Motor Assembly. (page 4-27)
    5. Remove the Bypass Tray Frame Assembly. (page 4-65)
    6. Disengage the connector of the Dispenser Assembly K.
    7. Remove the three screws (silver, tapping, 8mm) that attach the Dispenser Assembly K and pull the
    Dispenser Assembly K to the front while pressing the lug on the left side inward with a screwdriver.
    8. Remove the two screws (silver, tapping, 8mm) that attach the Frame Duct (PL4.1.1) to the printer
    and remove the duct.
    9. Disengage the connectors connected to the Dispenser Assemblies in the order of C, M, and Y.
    Remove the three screws (silver, tapping, 8mm) that attach each Dispenser Assembly, and pull the
    Dispenser Assemblies to the front in the order of C, M, and Y while pressing the lug on the left side
    inward with a screwdriver.
    s6600-

I'll probably just recommend an affordable replacement unit. Appreciate the time you spent responding. Thanks.
    Yeah well.. WHEN did you ever see Xerox making it easy or cheap on any repair...?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Dispense assemblies only 60 minute job, no need to remove main drive (just 2 furthest screws to right so you can bend out the main drive a bit to remove bypass frame assembly), just need to make sure you re-seat them properly in the frame when you put dispensers back in. Long screwdriver helps.

Technician

Question Re: Xerox WC 6605/Phaser6600/ Dell 2660dn 092-671 "Reseat M Toner and M Drum" error

Hi.
    I am having the same issues with Dell C2665dnf which is xerox 6605. My error is 092-673. I am going to give it try and disamble K Dispenser Assemblies. Very tempted to use air compressor and see if anything is stuck in black toner feeding tube.

Found this video (link below) which at one point shows Dispenser Assemblies steps.
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by svastarija View Post
    Hi.
    I am having the same issues with Dell C2665dnf which is xerox 6605. My error is 092-673. I am going to give it try and disamble K Dispenser Assemblies. Very tempted to use air compressor and see if anything is stuck in black toner feeding tube.

Found this video (link below) which at one point shows Dispenser Assemblies steps.
    YouTube
    NO FUCKING COMPRESSED AIR!!! you will be cleaning up a BIG mess!

use a 3M copier tech VAC.

Technician

Update:

So in admin menu disable "Drum initialization" settings. And now I get new meesage The Black Drum Cartridge is not correctly installed. :091-921

I did try this as well with no luck..
    YouTube