Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

D110 wrinkling 11x17 paper

I have a Xerox D110 copier that is wrinkling 11 x 17 paper. I usual just rebuild the fuser and the issue goes away until the upper fuser roller wears out again. Last summer it got to the point where i was replacing the roller's about every month. So I ordered a completely new fuser unit and did not have an issue until last month. So i rebuilt the fuser unit. New upper and lower roller's, cleaning blade and upper and lower fingers. It has already started to happen again. Anyone have any tips or tricks to keep this from coming back so soon other than the fuser nip adjustment that is in the manual. Also web unit's get changed every time the reach end of life. thanks in advance.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    D110 wrinkling 11x17 paper

Re: D110 wrinkling 11x17 paper

Quote Originally Posted by scottybbb View Post
    I have a Xerox D110 copier that is wrinkling 11 x 17 paper. I usual just rebuild the fuser and the issue goes away until the upper fuser roller wears out again. Last summer it got to the point where i was replacing the roller's about every month. So I ordered a completely new fuser unit and did not have an issue until last month. So i rebuilt the fuser unit. New upper and lower roller's, cleaning blade and upper and lower fingers. It has already started to happen again. Anyone have any tips or tricks to keep this from coming back so soon other than the fuser nip adjustment that is in the manual. Also web unit's get changed every time the reach end of life. thanks in advance.
    You didn't replace bushing or bearings? those items keep the rollers in the proper secs... that COULD be WHY you run thru the up & lower rollers!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    You didn't replace bushing or bearings? those items keep the rollers in the proper secs... that COULD be WHY you run thru the up & lower rollers!
    The upper roller comes with bearing's already on the roller. this series does not use bearing's on the lower roller. There are no bushing's on either roller.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Sounds to me like something is up with the cam assembly. If it's not working properly the rolls will be in contact with one another all the time, or not be in contact at all when the paper passes through the fuser. Furthermore its also sounds like the're making to much contact or pressure, causing the wrinkling.

Hope this helps...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InterfaceP View Post
    Sounds to me like something is up with the cam assembly. If it's not working properly the rolls will be in contact with one another all the time, or not be in contact at all when the paper passes through the fuser. Furthermore its also sounds like the're making to much contact or pressure, causing the wrinkling.

Hope this helps...
    Thanks for the reply. I will check the cams. It also looks like the web is not advancing so i ordered in the web motor and replaced it. I marked the web and will check it when I go back.