Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Poor toner fixing on transparencies - WC 7545

Team
    I have problem of poor toner fixing on transparencies when printed on WC 7545.

Settings are Tray 5 manual bypass with paper type transparency.

If I move the fingers over prints OR lightly rub, toner does't flick. If rub vigorously OR nailed toner comes out.
    I tried another paper types, which does not work as machine does not detect paper ( optical sensors ) & gets jammed.

Customer makes customized presentation items for corporate clients and need to take lot of prints on transparencies.
    me know the
    Has anybody faced similar problem? Is it possible to increase fuser temperature for transparency only. If so please let me know the NVM locations?

Thanks in advance & regards

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Poor toner fixing on transparencies - WC 7545

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    Team
    I have problem of poor toner fixing on transparencies when printed on WC 7545.

Settings are Tray 5 manual bypass with paper type transparency.

If I move the fingers over prints OR lightly rub, toner does't flick. If rub vigorously OR nailed toner comes out.
    I tried another paper types, which does not work as machine does not detect paper ( optical sensors ) & gets jammed.

Customer makes customized presentation items for corporate clients and need to take lot of prints on transparencies.
    me know the
    Has anybody faced similar problem? Is it possible to increase fuser temperature for transparency only. If so please let me know the NVM locations?

Thanks in advance & regards
    Very common, unfortunately. Transparencies can be tricky. Even if the brand you are using says it should be fine (even if it is Xerox brand) you may need to experiment with a few different brand transparencies. You SHOULD be able to find one that works acceptably. That's how I've always had to solve transparency issues, is just try different ones until I get one that does ok. Usually thinner ones.

As far as I know, others will hopefully chime in, there is no want to increase the temperature by way of NVM adjustments on the 75xx models.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

[QUOTE=Caffeine;741996]Very common, unfortunately.

Thank you for your quick response.
    These transparencies are working OK with Ricoh MPC 2011.

Is it possible that this media will work better (Fusing aspect) in low speed machines (7525)? Since all the components are same ( Toner, Developer, IBT, Even fixing except speed) lower speed machines will get more time to fix the toner in to the transparencies.

Ricoh 2011 is 20 CPM & have same belt and roller combination in fuser. That's why I thought of lower speed. Hopefully it will work.

Regards

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

[QUOTE=AjitN;742124]
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    Very common, unfortunately.

Thank you for your quick response.
    These transparencies are working OK with Ricoh MPC 2011.

Is it possible that this media will work better (Fusing aspect) in low speed machines (7525)? Since all the components are same ( Toner, Developer, IBT, Even fixing except speed) lower speed machines will get more time to fix the toner in to the transparencies.

Ricoh 2011 is 20 CPM & have same belt and roller combination in fuser. That's why I thought of lower speed. Hopefully it will work.

Regards
    Very possible, but it depends on if they lower the fuser temperature even more in the slower machines. Or is could depend on the actual speed of the paper traveling through the fuser. Some machines, to differentiate between the various speed models, don't actually change the speed of paper travel, they just leave larger or shorter "gaps" between sheets to achieve that model's speed. In that case, the actual paper travel speed isn't any different.

Also, the 2011 is, if I'm not mistaken, a more traditional temperature fuser machine (ie, high temp), whereas the WC 75xx are low-temp machines.

Good luck!

K
    Last edited by Caffeine; 03-22-2019 at 05:43 AM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

[QUOTE=Caffeine;742126]
    Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post

Some machines, to differentiate between the various speed models, don't actually change the speed of paper travel, they just leave larger or shorter "gaps" between sheets to achieve that model's speed. In that case, the actual paper travel speed isn't any different.
    K
    YES this is a very nice explanation, it makes sense. Timing between two feeds can be controlled easily. But paper output from exit assy. shows difference in the speed. Low speed machine throws out paper slower than high speed machine.

I will check again & get back

Regards