Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox Work Center 7556 going dead, or taking long to scan, stops mid print etc

Re: Xerox Work Center 7556 going dead, or taking long to scan, stops mid print etc

It's always the fan!

I've replaced so many of these that i always keep a couple in my bag, we don't replace with stuck heatsink and fan, but a blast of air and a decent 5v 10mm fam does the trick.

Usually starts out as slow scanning, takes forever, then long processing, jobs sit for a while. Some people hear the fan giving get loud before hand, sometimes it just stops.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Xerox Work Center 7556 going dead, or taking long to scan, stops mid print etc

Are you saying that you remove the heatsink and replace the fan with a generic?

I didn't see any way to secure it without the heatsink.
    Oddly, the fan was screwed to the heatsink with the screws just going between the metal vanes. But the replacement was slightly different so I either needed shorter screws or small washers which I used.

Yes, that fan looks similar to ones I've replaced in other brands.

I wonder if there all the same?

Thanks for your help.that sounds exactly what they were experiencing.

Have a nice evening, Jim

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

normally i just swap the fan, use the existing screws back into the heatsink to secure the replacement fan.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox Work Center 7556 going dead, or taking long to scan, stops mid print etc

Sorry I wasn't clear on that, I typed that wrong....

The actual Xerox part number for the fan includes the heatsink, but I also only just replace the fan with a generic 5 volt fan with a 3 pin connector