Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    xerox 8870 printhead

Re: xerox 8870 printhead

Quote Originally Posted by BaconSteve View Post
    For what it’s worth... these ColorQubes make beautiful prints when they work. They can however be problematic and expensive to repair. I happen to work in a territory that has very few left in the wild. And while I’m no expert on the qubes, I do know for a fact that two of the leading causes of print head failure are 1) Aftermarket ink, and 2) Not enough usage. Aftermarket ink speaks for itself - cheap, low quality, clogs head jets. Not using the printer enough though, tends to cook the ink which is what causes it to clog head jets. I say all that to make you aware that in purchasing used heads, you don’t know what ink or usage is on the heads. I am in no way advocating that anyone should invest thousands into repairing any qube with new heads, but only trying to explain why it might be a better idea to look at replacing your qube with a laser print technology printer instead. Yes, no matter what printer you have, they ALL break down eventually but solid ink tech is definitely finicky and tends to be much more expensive to repair. I wish you well.

The heads die just as fast if you use them hard or run them easy. The jets do just not last.

The 92xx and 93xx will start to lose jets after the first 50,000 impressions. I have had many ship from the factory missing jets at 0 copies.

Technician

Hello

i bought a used print head from ebay . It works great with few missing jets.

if someone need assistance please contact me !

thank you all for your comments , it really helped

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by propthy View Post
    Hello

Nice one, where there's a will there's a way!
    CQ's are dogs and will cause major headaches for most issues.
    The gearboxes are utter rubbish and the machines are cheap crap built to a price, so well done on getting yours working

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by propthy View Post
    Hello

In the Troubleshooting Menu you can turn on Jet Substitution to improve print quality since you have some missing jets.