Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox WC 7855 Feeder Quality

Re: Xerox WC 7855 Feeder Quality

wertyxhts, What occured just before this problem started? With glass registration off - this throws another clue in the mix. My guess is if reg were right, your issue would go away because side 1 is using the glass (and associated optics) and side 2 uses the dh for initial processing of side 2. Side 2 is ok. The dh is fine. Something is probably wrong with the optics, or optics control, in the scanner. When using the dh, the optics move to the left, and are probably out of range of the paper on the scan glass, meaning the scanner sees something other than the moving paper, and this is probably giving the rainbow effect. Is the plastic light tube in place? Somebody fooling with the mirrors or ccd? Drives ok? NVM changed? Interesting problem.

Edit: After reading your first post, you say the prints are fine for a few minutes. Does that mean if you make 200 copies the end copies are rainbowed? Or are you running several originals and then the problem occurs? Is the registration fine initially and then tapers off?
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 05-16-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    wertyxhts, What occured just before this problem started? With glass registration off - this throws another clue in the mix. My guess is if reg were right, your issue would go away because side 1 is using the glass (and associated optics) and side 2 uses the dh for initial processing of side 2. Side 2 is ok. The dh is fine. Something is probably wrong with the optics, or optics control, in the scanner. When using the dh, the optics move to the left, and are probably out of range of the paper on the scan glass, meaning the scanner sees something other than the moving paper, and this is probably giving the rainbow effect. Is the plastic light tube in place? Somebody fooling with the mirrors or ccd? Drives ok? NVM changed? Interesting problem.

Edit: After reading your first post, you say the prints are fine for a few minutes. Does that mean if you make 200 copies the end copies are rainbowed? Or are you running several originals and then the problem occurs? Is the registration fine initially and then tapers off?
    After reboot or waking up from sleep, device scans/copies fine. About 10 copies/scans. Then the issue returns.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox WC 7855 Feeder Quality

Does that mean your registration is fine initially?

Technician

SOLVED! Forgot to update a few months ago. This was a weird one. I replaced the pyxis card on this, and that did not solve issue. I tried SBC next w/ firmware update, but that did not help either. I was getting ready to replace IIT board, as I opened the DADF cover, I noticed the motor was not seated correctly. It was falling off its bracket. I ended up super gluing it and that resolved issue.