Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Xerox Workcentre 6655i keeeps rebooting

So when I power the machine, i get that screen attached with nothing on it for about 10 minutes with the green "interrupt" button flashing " then the machine reboot then again goes into that screen ...etc

I tried to unplug the power for 10 minutes and plug it again. I tested the wall power with a voltage/current meter, looks ok.

I opened the side plastic cover to the main board, all cables seem plugged , nothing loose.

Any idea what could be the problem ?

One more question, any idea what should the SD card inserted in the back of the machine have? I took it out tried to see whats on it on my laptop but my windows 10 file explorer keeps asking me to insert the card though I am positive its inserted properly.

And any idea where is the HDD of that printer located? when I opened the side plastic cover I tried to find it but could not, I had a limited time to do that.

Thanks a million for your help.

Xerox WC6655i. Xerox WC 6655i, Xerox Workcentre 6655i,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Xerox Workcentre 6655i keeeps rebooting

might just need an altboot.

download firmware from Xerox website and exract the .DLM file, use a 4GB or less FAT32 formatted USB stick and create a folder called altboot and drop the DLM file in there.

Then turn machine off and plug in USB stick, power back on and software reload should start, if it fails it's a faulty HDD.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Richard.Xerox View Post

download firmware from Xerox website and exract the .DLM file, use a 4GB or less FAT32 formatted USB stick and create a folder called altboot and drop the DLM file in there.

Then turn machine off and plug in USB stick, power back on and software reload should start, if it fails it's a faulty HDD.
    thx a million, where would the HDD be? I opened it and found the board and all but could not find the HDD,

and could be the problem is the SD card corrupted ?

Technician

I also tried the altboot, it does not seem to reach to the point where it reads from the USB that has the altboot. I read the manual can't see where should the HDD should be, is it hidden somewhere ?

Technician

Replaced the HDD with a brand new one, used the USB with altboot, and the firmware in it, all case sensitive, followed the manual exactly , still printer does the same

Technician

any special treatments, does the USB flash has to be formatted FAT? does the HDD has to be formatted before installed?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

My dude, you're having a bad time.

So, you need to buy OEM HDD, also if it doesn't take the altboot, then you're looking at an SD card, which you will also need to purchase as OEM.

Good luck. Xerox Workcentre 6655i  keeeps rebooting

Edit: you will need to format to Fat32

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post

So, you need to buy OEM HDD, also if it doesn't take the altboot, then you're looking at an SD card, which you will also need to purchase as OEM.

so replaced the HDD , used a HDD from another same model printer, the printer is booting up , but gives me the error message "device power on failed...ets . reset device ..etc" see attached picture. I upgraded firmware, but still same error, I reset all SW from admin panel (see pic) , I also did initialize NVM (attached pic) , still same error, printing and copying is not working, printing is working for admin only for testing.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post

these are the error messages I am getting now, any idea how to rest the machine?

Re: Xerox Workcentre 6655i keeps rebooting

I had the same problem with my 6655i printer but i was able to fix the problem after several attemps.

(1) I removed and formatted the hard drive that was in my printer FAT 32.

(2) Formatted the USB thumb and used it as an ALTBOOT folder in the root directory.

(3) I used Notepad ++ to create a file called FORCED_UPGRADE in the ALTBOOT folder.

(4) I did download the latest firmware, on the desktop found these 2 .dml files

(5)Placed them on the ALTBOOT folder. put the usb in the printer and waited.

Now my printer is working perfectly.....THANKS