Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Xerox Workcentre 7655 fuser error reset

Hi all,

I have Xerox Workcentre 7655 , WC7655, I get the error 'replace fuser' , I tried putting fusers from other working machine, still same, I just today put a brand new fuser, working put the fuser life is at 5%.

looks like I have to reset that somehow, any idea?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox Workcentre 7655 fuser error reset

Re: Xerox Workcentre 7655 fuser error reset

Quote Originally Posted by wmoussa View Post
    Hi all,

I have Xerox Workcentre 7655 , WC7655, I get the error 'replace fuser' , I tried putting fusers from other working machine, still same, I just today put a brand new fuser, working put the fuser life is at 5%.

looks like I have to reset that somehow, any idea?
    You can't reset a fuser on this family without service tools. (Not just service mode, you need the technicians laptop with service software on it.)

Without getting too technical, when a new-never-installed fuser is installed in this family, the machine will reset the counter. The counter is not "saved" on the fuser. So when you swap a used fuser from another machine, it doesn't do anything. Unless it is a new-never-installed fuser, the printer will just maintain the counter it already had going.

There are _only_ three ways to reset the counter.

1) Install a legit new fuser.
    2) Reset it with the technicians laptop with 76xx family service software loaded on it. (No, this isn't something the average Joe can get and do easily.)
    3) Replace a small thermal fuse in the fuser to make it "act" like a new one. You can Google this if you want. It isn't terribly hard, but you do have to do a bit of disassembly on the fuser. And it is a bit fiddly.