• Show
Clear All
  • chrisban35
    Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
    100+ Posts
    • Jan 2011

Hard Drive Replacement - XRX WC 78XX Series Machines

Good Morning fellow techs, I've ran into a unique scenario and needed to resource the wisdom/experience of fellow techs.

I'm replacing Hard Drives and Prepping for Lease return - Out of 5 machines 2 successes 3 failures. - Replaced Hard Drive - Alt Boot USB in machine, turn on, 2 successfully completed SPAR install, the other 3 start and then continue to blink and restart.... I've tried using both the 720XXX version .dlm and 750XXX version dlm.

Obviously the USB sticks are correct, or they wouldn't have successfully done two machines.

The Hard drives I'm using are DOD wipes but they are the proper Seagate Drives. Is there maybe a format issue with the drives?? I've used MBR partition style and not GPT which I was told is the correct partition style. I've not created any partitions, but left the drive completely wiped as I was also told the Xerox copier along with the SPAR USB stick will create the partitions itself.

My question is, are there some troubleshooting techniques or strategies to determine what I might be doing wrong, and ideas on how I might be able to successfully complete these last 3 machines? I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice. Thank you in advance for your assistance on this matter.
  • xcopytech
    Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
    • Aug 2006

Re: Hard Drive Replacement - XRX WC 78XX Series Machines

What code you have on small 7 segment led display?

Comment

• chrisban35
      Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
      100+ Posts
      • Jan 2011

(POST EDITED) (Changed 6 to 9) --- It goes from 9 then to u. then after a pause the blinking period next to u stops, and it quickly clicks to 8 - 2 and then resets, and repeats this....
      Last edited by chrisban35; 07-06-2022, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• chrisban35
        Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
        100+ Posts
        • Jan 2011

I've now got 4 of the 5 working. This last one is just biting me good. It's giving the sequences I mentioned above. I've changed Hard Drive 3 times, I've used different USB Alt Boot that worked on 3 other machines. On the sticker outside it says it's version 730.101.75.34540 and I've even tried using the 750XXX version thinking they might've upgraded without putting a new sticker on it.

I'm at a loss. I put the original Hard Drive back in and it works fine, which means nothing went wrong with the control board, the SATA Cable, etc... I'm not sure where else to go from here... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Jack79
          Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by chrisban35
          I've now got 4 of the 5 working. This last one is just biting me good. It's giving the sequences I mentioned above. I've changed Hard Drive 3 times, I've used different USB Alt Boot that worked on 3 other machines. On the sticker outside it says it's version 730.101.75.34540 and I've even tried using the 750XXX version thinking they might've upgraded without putting a new sticker on it.

I'm at a loss. I put the original Hard Drive back in and it works fine, which means nothing went wrong with the control board, the SATA Cable, etc... I'm not sure where else to go from here... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I good remember 7830/35 uses different firmware than 7845/55. Is it possible that you tried install wrong fw?

Comment

• chrisban35
            Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
            100+ Posts
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jack79
            If I good remember 7830/35 uses different firmware than 7845/55. Is it possible that you tried install wrong fw?
            Thanks for the response. I made sure I used the 30-35 on the 7835's and the 45-55 speed .dlm's on the 7845's.

Comment

• xcopytech
              Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
              • Aug 2006

Try to format hdd with low level format tool.

Comment

• Murv
                Sr. Escalations Analyst

100+ Posts
                • Mar 2021

Run DISKPART from the command prompt, select the drive, then do a clean.

Comment

Working...