Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar

Developer material differences

Hi all
    I got a simple question
    Is there any difference between say C8155 and C8035 developer material?
    They have different part numbers but just checking if anyone have attempted this and if it worked without any issues.

Brett

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Developer material differences

I fitted 7655 toner to a Versant by swapping chips to avoid wasting the old 7655 toner along with dev on lots of older Xerox's (C7545 up to C8070 for example) and it works fine. Most dev is the same stuff across a series of machines. There is no way Xerox would bother changing the dev for a new (but pretty much identical) model, it would be a huuuuge R&D task to do so.
    Try it.

Sharp dev is very expensive for CMY but cheap as chips for K, so I have often fitted 4x black developers' to a machine and ran a few copies through it to bring colour through, despite Sharp being adamant it is different developer.

It is far easier to change a part code and make out it is different so you stock 2x sets of expensive devs instead of 1 rather than actually change the formulation of the stuff.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar

Re: Developer material differences

Quote Originally Posted by chubblies View Post
    I fitted 7655 toner to a Versant by swapping chips to avoid wasting the old 7655 toner along with dev on lots of older Xerox's (C7545 up to C8070 for example) and it works fine. Most dev is the same stuff across a series of machines. There is no way Xerox would bother changing the dev for a new (but pretty much identical) model, it would be a huuuuge R&D task to do so.
    Try it.

Sharp dev is very expensive for CMY but cheap as chips for K, so I have often fitted 4x black developers' to a machine and ran a few copies through it to bring colour through, despite Sharp being adamant it is different developer.

It is far easier to change a part code and make out it is different so you stock 2x sets of expensive devs instead of 1 rather than actually change the formulation of the stuff.
    Thank you for the reply.
    Thought that the dev would be the same.
    Will give it a go.

Brett