HELP! This has driven me nuts. Ok, the 5225 has a lan fax and included in the lan fax driver is a phonebook editor that pops up everytime "fax" is selected. No problem so far. There are 2 different types of phonebooks within the driver.....personal and shared. The personal address book is stored on each workstation and people can open and edit the phone numbers. So I have the "shared" phonebook on a shared folder on the server. There is a way to point to the shared file. <<< this turns out to be data.xpb >>> Everyone can view and select numbers from this file, but noone can edit, add, or delete any of the entries! If you open the file from the server....the options are available. I have tried changing the permissions for that folder to admin rights with no luck. So it seems the only way to open the file and edit it is to have it locally on your workstation, but that defeats the whole purpose of a shared address book. Right now....the cust. has to copy the file from the server to her workstation, edit it, then recopy it back to the server.

There has to be an answer out there!
Thanks in advance.....