Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    amstuart

Arrow WORKCENTRE 4150 installed on Win98 Client

Hi:

We have 10 Gateway desktops installed in a medical office. A host PC running WinXP Professional is connected directly to the Xerox Workcentre 4150 via ethernet cable; 8 WinXP machines are running fine as clients, all connected through a hub; one of our client machines is running Win98. I downloaded :

Windows 98
    PCL Driver, Enhanced Interface
    Drivers: Windows 98Recommended:
    Version: 3.11.1.1 Date: 8/16/2006 Size 4.2 MB
    Windows 98/ME PCL Driver

The test page prints fine. IE 6.1 browser pages do not print anything but headers and footers, and MS Word or Notepad text do not print. I downloaded Firefox 2.0 since I am running Win98 and the same issue (no text, icons, banners, or images print). I would appreciate any insight.
    Is it possible I downloaded the Win98 driver file to the wrong folder, or this does not matter? I <think> I downloaded to C:\Windows\System or System 32 folder.

Thank you.

Adam
    Last edited by amstuart; 05-30-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amstuart View Post
    The test page prints fine. IE 6.1 browser pages do not print anything but headers and footers, and MS Word or Notepad text do not print. I downloaded Firefox 2.0 since I am running Win98 and the same issue (no text, icons, banners, or images print). I would appreciate any insight.
    Is it possible I downloaded the Win98 driver file to the wrong folder, or this does not matter? I <think> I downloaded to C:WindowsSystem or System 32 folder.

Thank you.

Adam
    Have you tried the PS driver instead? Also, does win98 have the latest updates which might be needed in order for the printing function to work completely. As to my knowledge, microsoft no longer release updates for win98.

But my best suggestion is to have that pc upgraded to a win2k or a winxp os. Besides, there are 3 releases of win98 and we don't really know what is the full extent of xerox support for this version of windows