Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    first try to switch cables.
    if you have system software cd, just put it in cd on fiery and then restart it.
    then just follow intructons on lcd screen.

it will be good if you can check your fiery on another dc12.
    if your fiery is ok, then maybe VSEL PWB or VSEL EXTENSION PWB can be broken.

think that your fiery is ok, but first check cables between fiery and machine, switch it places.

also do your dc 12 come to ready to copy, and do you have message check power and cable?

Technician
    Tried switching cables with no avail.
    No other D12 I'm afraid.
    Unsure about "VSEL PWB or VSEL EXTENSION PWB".

And tomorrow at work I'll definitely check reinstall system software assuming I really do have the correct CDs.

The D12 says "ready to copy". No errors.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopytech View Post
    first try to switch cables.
    if you have system software cd, just put it in cd on fiery and then restart it.
    then just follow intructons on lcd screen.

it will be good if you can check your fiery on another dc12.
    if your fiery is ok, then maybe VSEL PWB or VSEL EXTENSION PWB can be broken.

think that your fiery is ok, but first check cables between fiery and machine, switch it places.

also do your dc 12 come to ready to copy, and do you have message check power and cable?

Just reinstalled from system software (Which was unfortunately 1.1) and still I cannot send Test page or config.

Any advice?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Please check if internal test page of fiery is processed well from Fiery display. If test page gets processed but job gets drops down, your Fiery interface board is defective. I mean On fiery interface board there are two SCSI ports for print & Scan. Your Print port is bad. Only solution is to load Fiery Software V. 1.5 with SP2 ( it displays on fiery diaplay as V. 1.5 SP2) this new version actuallly swaps the port and use another port automatically for scan & Print.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    Please check if internal test page of fiery is processed well from Fiery display. If test page gets processed but job gets drops down, your Fiery interface board is defective. I mean On fiery interface board there are two SCSI ports for print & Scan. Your Print port is bad. Only solution is to load Fiery Software V. 1.5 with SP2 ( it displays on fiery diaplay as V. 1.5 SP2) this new version actuallly swaps the port and use another port automatically for scan & Print.

Wow that is GREAT news!

By <processed> what do you mean? When I tell it to print the test page on the LCD on the Fiery, it does show up for a second on both the fiery, and on Command Workstation.

How would I go about getting 1.5 sp2?

Doc 12 issues please have a look.

I have 1.5 not sure about the SP2 part

Technician
    Will 1.5 alone without sp2 swap them?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post

I checked it DOES get processed on the Fiery then simply dissapears!

Where can I find Software 1.5 SP2?

Doc 12 issues please have a look.

well my friend looks like no one has the SP2,i'll send you my 1.5 CD to you , if it works well and good .send me your address

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Please try to get V1.5 SP2. Fiery V 1.5 alone will not work as SP2 patch have capability to swap Printer port and Scanner port.
    I am sorry but I do not have CD, what I do is restore the ghost image from hard disk, which is about 6 GB in size. Wish you best lluck for getting it locally.