Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Exclamation Doc 12 issues please have a look.

I typically can find what I need good enough from deduction and forums that I solve my own problems but this has definitely got me.

I have a Doc 12 with a Fiery X12 FrontEnd running MS NT 4.0 (Build 1381:SP6) [Upgraded using the composite patch was originally SP5] 64 mb.

The problem I'm having is [after some time of storage I have pulled this monster out for some usage after clearing a sensor error on the transfer belt reflective pads, and a thorough cleaning aswell as a HD wipe and a revert to factory default after an HD issue] the Fiery WILL NOT communicate test pages and the like with the D12.

The D12 is working just dandy doing copies and the like, however I cannot send anything from the Fiery. I just cannot seem to figure out why it isn't going through. I tried checking my cables and any other basic. Even upgraded using the 400mb composite patch. Does anyone have any thoughts, this copier's scanning ability is a vital element in a job currently being worked on here.

The Fiery can recognize when the D12 is off flagging the "Check power and cable" error. Also when the Fiery reaches the Blue screen with the system info and the "...."s (Which I add is where the boot stays after loading up.) it initiates warm-up over on the D12.

I can communicate with the Fiery through Command Workstation, CMD Ping, and PageScope just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly procedural help Thanks
    Last edited by xFuryx; 10-02-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    if you have 1.5 system software version install patch 1-56cts

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopytech View Post
    if you have 1.5 system software version install patch 1-56cts

I do, and my computer abosolutely refuses to run the downloader...

Can I use Command Workstation? If so which (Direct, hold, or Print?)

Once it's done just reboot?

yes, use direct, wait 60 sec. and restart fiery

Technician
    Well I sent them, but once I restarted it still doesn't send the test page and configuration. And Command Workstation, the WebTools, Ping all still connect good. Of course I don't guess the problem's between the PC & Fiery... It's between the Fiery and D12. When telling it to print the test or config it rips temporarily, then disappears entirely. Any other things I could try?

Technician
    Any settings on the D12 itself that may have been wiped from sitting up too long?

try to use print queue and send some job to machine to see will that job left in command work station.

If you have printed job in command work station then maybe vsel pwb or vsel extension pwb can be broken if machine can copy but can not print.

If you do not have printed job in CWS, then suggest you to try to reload system software to fiery.

Doc 12 issues please have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by xFuryx View Post
    I do, and my computer abosolutely refuses to run the downloader...

Can I use Command Workstation? If so which (Direct, hold, or Print?)

Once it's done just reboot?

so have you been able to install 1-56cts.ps patch on the fiery? Does the fiery show "ready within .. minutes" or "Idle" or always" Check power and cable"

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopytech View Post
    try to use print queue and send some job to machine to see will that job left in command work station.

If you have printed job in command work station then maybe vsel pwb or vsel extension pwb can be broken if machine can copy but can not print.

If you do not have printed job in CWS, then suggest you to try to reload system software to fiery.
    When I send it to the print queue it does stay in CWS.

The original PC used to send to this copier is long gone so I have not installed the drivers on the new PC, just the CWS and Downlaoder.

I figured I should first start with fixing communication between the Fiery and the D12.

It can copy like no other, aside from the document feeder not working(least of all the problems).

I am willing to do anything I can to get sending from fiery working again.

I've revert to backup probably 6 times.

When I sent the composite patch and restarted the fiery said something like loading or installing "patch ID". Then IDLE.

The others just after restart, make the fiery go straight to "IDLE".

I won't have access to it til Mon.

What steps are involved in reinstalling the system software.
    I have a few disks that came in the packet.

A User Software, System Software, and a few others.

Anything I can give you guys to help me out?

Pics video etc? I'm quite capable.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj7 View Post
    so have you been able to install 1-56cts.ps patch on the fiery? Does the fiery show "ready within .. minutes" or "Idle" or always" Check power and cable"
    As soon as the fiery has finished booting it says IDLE.

At that point the D12 fires up and says "Ready within X minutes".

After that the D12 will goto sleep after being left alone for a while and nothing done from the Fiery will wake it up.

Only the Fiery powering up get's the D12's attention.

And only unplugging the Scanner and Printer cables makes the Fiery flag an error "Check power & print cbls"