Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj7 View Post
    great to know you are going nuts. some times we all go that way.

Which paper size are you trying to give in the command workstation
    Hi David. I've mostly been trying A4. I've realised that when I send it as A4 from the driver it ends up in the command workstation as letter but even if I change it to A4 from command workstation there's no joy.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DC12 not printing from Bypass tray

what happens when you submit job as letter instead of A4

what happens when you submit job as letter instead of A4
    It turns up in command workstation as letter but still does not print

are u able to print from other trays? does command workstation shows "tray 5 broken"

are u able to print from other trays? does command workstation shows "tray 5 broken"
    Yes I can print from all other trays and command workstation does not show tray 5 broken, indeed I can copy from it so I think it must be an issue with the RIP.

RIP is the only possiblity that i can think of. Sorry dude my brain's fried on this one.

RIP is the only possiblity that i can think of. Sorry dude my brain's fried on this one.
    Thanks for coming this far

Quote Originally Posted by GusG View Post
    Hi. My newly installed (but not new) DC12 (with Fiery X12 RIP) won't print to the bypass tray (tray 5) yet it did so yesterday. I get a message on the RIP saying "Selected paper size is not available" despite the tray setup on the printer and the printer driver matching.
    We did the tray 5 adjustment (DC740) from a PWS some time ago, no joy. Then my tech decided to reset some NVMs for another reason, this unintentionally reset all the paper trays to normal paper and upon trying the bypass it now suddenly works!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GusG View Post
    We did the tray 5 adjustment (DC740) from a PWS some time ago, no joy. Then my tech decided to reset some NVMs for another reason, this unintentionally reset all the paper trays to normal paper and upon trying the bypass it now suddenly works!!!
    [/quote]
    Well, this worked fine for some time and suddenly the other morning the bypass is back to square 1, i.e. it works fine when copying and not when printing through the Fiery X12.
    My tech has tried to recreate what he did the last time where he unintentionally got it working but this time it hasn't worked out. My instinct now is to reset the NVMs but I don't have a list of NVMs specific to my particular machine. This machine came from the UK and I'd like to know if anyone has a general list of UK NVM settings they can share with me or any other advice with regards to resetting the NVMs? Alternatively, does anyone know about particular NVMs that may be directly concerned with my bypass not working when printing and what to do about it?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, with the nature of my work my DC12 is only 25% the machine I need it to be when the bypass is not working.
    Thanks is advance.

P.S. I'm beginning to think that NVM should be VVM (Very Volatile Memory)

DC12 not printing from bypass tray - back to square 1

I'm back to square 1 with my DC12 suddenly not printing from tray 5 (bypass tray) and giving the following message on the RIP (X12) "Selected paper size is not available". When I got it it had this problem which suddenly went away when my tech reset some NVMs, it later came back and he couldn't remember what he did last time but when we reset all the NVMs it started working again, now it's gone again and resetting the NVMs does not bring back printing to tray 5. In summary:

- When the problem occurs and I try to print I get the following message on the RIP and on the Workstation, but not on the DC12: "Selected paper size is not available"
    - Printing to tray 5 works sometimes and sometimes not
    - Printing from PWS or copying always works
    - The paper size is not the issue
    - Tray 5 alignment/calibration (DC740) does not solve this problem
    - Resetting all NVMs sometimes makes it work and sometimes not
    - Fiddling with the settings of paper trays 1-4 has sometimes made tray 5 work
    - We've cleaned the bypass tray plug and a connector on the IOT PWB that was suggested in the past but it hasn't helped

I've had lots of input on this in the past (thanks to all who've contributed) but anything new will be a great help.