Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Frustrating image issue on 2045 (attached image)

Hi. I have this print problem that only affects the in-board side of the print. The paper looks like it is some how rotating clockwise slightly so the print is not square with the edge causing the double print effect on one side. I thought it might be a vibration but CMYK print test confirm they are fine. If I print in greyscale or use Black text only, it prints fine. Only when there is a composite black or color involved do I get this. (See the picture for clarification). Has any one seen something like this before? Any suggestions would most helpful as I am at my wits end. I have switched pressure rollers, changed the 2nd BTR to no result. Thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paperlion View Post
    Hi. I have this print problem that only affects the in-board side of the print. The paper looks like it is some how rotating clockwise slightly so the print is not square with the edge causing the double print effect on one side. I thought it might be a vibration but CMYK print test confirm they are fine. If I print in greyscale or use Black text only, it prints fine. Only when there is a composite black or color involved do I get this. (See the picture for clarification). Has any one seen something like this before? Any suggestions would most helpful as I am at my wits end. I have switched pressure rollers, changed the 2nd BTR to no result. Thanks.
    Try running single color and see if the effect is stll there if so witch color is causing the issue, all the things you changed and common to all colors.

Each color, individually, prints fine. It only happens with a composite print. If you look at the print. It appears that black is not overlapping the other colors. I think the colors are missing the registration on the black. When you look closely with a lupe, you see the black in the correct position, then a jump to the upper left with a cyan edge creeping away from magenta which overlaps the yellow perfectly. Also, the paper comes out of the machine crooked. So my theory is that the paper is somehow rotating a few degrees just enough to mess with the CMYK to overlap. It's more prominant from the in-board side suggesting a clockwise spin. Could there be a lazy roller causing this? It's obviously not enough to trip any error codes but clearly something is wrong. How do I even test for this problem? I have been getting by so far by printing all the text as pure black only and arranging the prints so that the critical images are printed on the out-board as much as possible. Eventually, I will get a job that I can't fudge with.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I was not able to zoom the pic that you have attached.
    Anyway from what you have said i think it could be a problem with colour registration on IBT. DId you do a hard stop and see if the problem is there on the IBT or after transfer to paper before fuser?

If its a registartion problem , running a regicon should resolve it.

Thanks for the tip. I did a hard stop and yes, it is printing from the IBT onto the paper that way. Also, I verified that black is the color that's off. The CMY colors are laying down properly. I have attached a close up of what it's doing so you can get a better idea. Again, this is only happening on the in-board side. The colors line up the further away it gets. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

interchange black drum assembly with that of any other colour and take a print and check.

Did you run regicon from pws?

when did this problem start? did you do any servicing before this issue began?

Changed the drum as suggested and no affect. Someone also mentioned the 2nd BTR. I have a spare so I swapped that, nothing. Someone else mentioned possibly the pressure rollers in the 1st BTR, swapped those as well with no affect. When the machine is either not printing a composite (greyscale) or a composite that does not require black, it prints fine. Also, I just noticed today that it is not consistent with how much it is off by. I could not tell you the circumstances why that would be. I just happen to notice it from one set of test prints to another.

I do not believe any servicing was done prior to this problem. Most of the repairs that has happened since were because of this issue. Very early on, I did notice that the black DV shaft was badly worn and since replaced it. The problem still persists, though. I do not have a PWS ( any ideas were I can get one?) ,so I have to rely on someone (anyone?) who does have one. Which leads me to another problem. I have been unsuccessful in locating a tech who works around Arcadia, CA.
    Sorry for the lengthy response, I just wanted to give as much info as possible in the hope it will help pin point this problem. Thanks.

try to swap black halftone pwb with some other to see will problem stay with black color.

i dont think it could be a halftone pwb error.Let me check eureka and see if they have anything on this.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Since you mentioned the black developer shaft replacement I would do some further looking there.