Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hnwa

Re: Xerox WorkCentre 5655 password

Quote Originally Posted by tech9 View Post
    you will need to go into diagnostics
    1. <LI id=svc.sor.0000049298>When the machine in ready, press and hold the # key, then press the Access key.
    2. Enter the PIN 1934. Touch the Enter button on the UI.
      <LI id=svc.sor.0000058810>Select Diagnostic Routines, select Other Routines, select 001 Reset Auditron Master PIN.
    3. Select confirm or cancel.
    The default code should work now

Tried it, It worked! Just remember to close out after (You can choose not to shut down machine so it saves you time)

Thanks!

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar

Or try enablement code at the top of the login and hit "1962".

squelchtone

tech9,

Thank you very much for posting that. I know it's an older thread, so I'm not sure if you're still around, but that was a life saver.

Our vendor wants $400 to wipe the hard drive when they remove the 5655 because our lease is up next month, can anyone tell me where in the control panel or via the web I can wipe any stored jobs or temp files or faxes that may be kicking around on the internal hard drive?

Thank you!
    Squelchtone

edit: I just found this in the help file inside the 5655, I will try to follow the steps, but I'm not sure if this should be done from the front panel or the web. Poking around though, it doesnt seem I am saving anything to the internal hard drive, but I would still like to wipe it to a clean image of the firmware without any of my settings, including things like IP address, mail server address, etc. Can someone give a newbie some step by step on where to go and what to click? Thanks!

Manual Image Overwrite

The Image Overwrite feature allows a System Administrator to thoroughly delete all image data from the Xerox system hard drive as a security measure that is required in some installations.
    There are two types of Image Overwrite:
    Standard

Standard Image Overwrite deletes all image data from memory and any hard disks except for the following:

• Jobs and folders stored in the Reprint Saved Jobs feature
      • Jobs stored in the Scan to Mailbox feature (if installed)
      • Fax Dial Directories (if fax card installed)
      • Fax Mailbox contents (if fax card installed)

Note: The Xerox system will be off line for approximately 15 minutes while standard image overwriting is in process.
    Full

Full Image Overwrite deletes all image data from memory and any hard disks including the following:

• Jobs and folders stored in the Reprint Saved Jobs feature
      • Jobs stored in the Scan to Mailbox feature (if installed)
      • Fax Dial Directories (if fax card installed)
      • Fax Mailbox contents (if fax card installed)

Note: The Xerox system will be off line for approximately 60 minutes while full image overwriting is in process.
    To activate Manual Image Overwrite

• Click Start below either Standard or Full to begin the overwrite process.

Note: Click the link below the Full Start button to go to the Reprint Saved Jobs feature to back up jobs and folders prior to starting a Full Image Overwrite.

• If you have not already logged on as System Administrator, a dialog will appear which will prompt you for your username and password.
    • A confirmation dialog box will appear. Click OK to initiate the overwrite feature. The message "Clean Sweep in Process" appears.

Note: This process cannot be aborted from the web.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

That is a feature enablement option. Not all machines will have that enabled.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox WorkCentre 5655 password

Quote Originally Posted by squelchtone View Post
    tech9,

Thank you very much for posting that. I know it's an older thread, so I'm not sure if you're still around, but that was a life saver.

Our vendor wants $400 to wipe the hard drive when they remove the 5655 because
    It is more safe and cheaper to remove hdd from machine, put it into computer, format hdd and then reload machine firmware. Send me a mail and I will tell you how you can do that.

image overwrite is an optional feature you may or maynot have ?
    It is located via the control panel in tools.
    An Altboot will clean certain parts of the image on the Hardrive but anygood IT man knows that it still can be recovered.This has to be done by an engineer.
    The only way to be safe is to buy the hardrive back of the vendor if you are concerned about security.
    Regards