Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    WC 7232 - keeps cramming toner

We initially had what appeared to be no developer (very little) on the mag roller so we cleaned the unit (full of toner) and added new developer. Machine is low meter and pretty clean (although the interior shows some contamination from black overtoning). Performed reset 752-089 in UI Diagnostics and ran Max Setup (only adjustment Procon ON, test pattern output good).
    The black toner keeps cramming into the DV unit and always asks to be replaced again. At this point we will have to remove some toner from the DV unit or it will force the developer out and we will be where we started again. Image density sensor and regist. sensors are clean, belt is fine. One oddity is that all 3 color toners read 1% remaining and this may be an associated symptom of the problem as well? As far as I know there is no toner sensor in the developer unit and toner quantity is determined by patch on the IBT belt. We dont' really know where to go from here, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    P.S. The black 'trimmer' or doctor blade screws were a little loose and we adjusted the height to form a good brush on the mag roller but have no adjustment specs for the gap. Appears to be identical to the color DV units gap.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Check the waste auger motor. I've had problems with the developer drive motor stripping teeth and making loud noises. The waste drive motor could be giving you problems.

In my experience i have never bothered with the trimmer adjustment as the older ones canot be. I have always replaced the developer units and they seem to run fine after that dont ask me why? But i know 7132 7232/42 have problems with the dev units i.e barber pole deletion, replace toner messages. Good luck

DRORBAR
    REPLACE DEVLOPER UNIT AND DEVLOPER. It's possible to try to adjust matrics

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Problem resolved. Adjusted trimmer bar to .5mm and seems to be fine. Tightened screws on the other DV units as well before they slip like the black did. Thanks to you all for keeping me focused on the DV unit.