Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

116324 faults 7242

Hi people of the copier world, any one had experience with a 7242 which when plugs into the customers network displays a 116-374 the service doc tells you to replace the ESS PWB and DIMMs. All this has been done but a week later fault has occured again. I am thinking a corrupt job or driver is crashing this machine.When i print via my laptop, it prints fine.

Thanks

[/QUOTE][Follow the rap; reseat NVM PWB & ESS RAM.
    Found machine on DHCP protocol, on the same port other device working correctly.
    Ask to the customer for static IP address. After entering IP address MFD (copy, print, scan & fax) working correctly.
    Upgrade firmware to latest version.

QUOTE=tech9;120769]Hi people of the copier world, any one had experience with a 7242 which when plugs into the customers network displays a 116-374 the service doc tells you to replace the ESS PWB and DIMMs. All this has been done but a week later fault has occured again. I am thinking a corrupt job or driver is crashing this machine.When i print via my laptop, it prints fine.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Tell your customer to reset all IT connections with the MFP and start reinstallation of connections from scratch. I had a customer that had SMP, DNS and Ifax settings all screwed up. After he clear them all and started from scratch, it solved the problem.

Thanks Guys, I think i will do that as i have updated software to the latest, so i am thinking about there settings. Again Many Thanks !

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    have you try power save 4 stop to format the hd

Tried the special boot 4,6,3 etc no joy. Will get the IT dept to reload print settings I think its that whats causing the problem. Thanks for your Tips.

It looks like it is the users end, when they print from terminal server it crashes ! So i will leave it with their IT as the machine is not at fault.
    Thanks for all your help !