Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Ezekiel25:17

Core driver package error_Xerox 4260 PCL

I have a customer with clustered print server environment (2 nodes, WinSVR2k3SP2) on the CITRIX platform that has multiple print drivers (Sharp, Xerox, HP, Ricoh) installed and operating correctly. We are attempting to install the Xerox 4260 PCL driver (tried both latest and one rev back, both posted on WorkCentre 4260 Drivers and Downloads ). Upon running the installation through the Add Printer Wizard, the following error occurs and the install is cancelled:

"Printer driver was not installed. Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package"

I have tried Microsoft Technet & Xerox support to no avail. Several other forums have suggested that the winprint.dll needs to be recreated but that is incorrect as per the following KB Article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240683

PS installs correctly but we must use the PCL (issue occurs on both PCL5e/PCL6) based on their application printing requirements. Hearing from anyone that has some experience with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Core driver package error

C:\windows\inf\INFCACHE.1 is most likely corrupt and should be deleted.

Ezekiel25:17
    Thanks for the reponse xeroxdave. I had actually seen that on some other forum postings and although it is associated with GDI printing, not network. Even so I tried it anyway since it automatically recreates the file but it did not work. Since then though I discovered that the issue is only occurring when the driver is being installed via RDP from a Windows 7 client. When attempted via RDP from an XP client it works without error. I have not found anything posted from Microsoft to corroborate this issue but I will continue looking. Thanks again.