Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Fax over IP, Xerox 3200MFP/N

Does anybody know if the Fuji Xerox 3200MFP/N will work on VOIP? I telephoned Xerox but all they told me was that it isn't supported and they couldn't give me any information. My intended VOIP provider doesn't provide support for fax either, and their position is that if you plug it in and it works, good for you, but otherwise it isn't there problem.

So has anyone used a Xerox fax machine with VOIP and if so:
    Success?
    Which protocol/s?
    Necessary steps to get it working if any?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has tackled this already. Trying to move with the times and be a modern citizen, but it isn't made easy.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Fax over IP, Xerox 3200MFP/N

fax over ip is not supported by many copier manufacturers becuase the fax function is not dependent on the copier... let me explain... if the voip line can handle the fax good... if not then even if the fax is perfect... the voice over ip will squash and distort it... voice over ip is the issue not your xerox machine... what you need to find out is what range of frequencies your fax covers and then ask the company handling the voip if they can guarantee that these will always be free.... even under heavy traffic and if not then is there any filter that they recommend... if they cannot recommend any filter that will work 100% of the time then I would not support it or you will have to explain to the client that the issue is not the copier but their voip... (make sure to get a name and number at the voip company for your client to speak with) the best approach may be to just get a regular analog line... that is always reliable for faxes...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too