Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    gregoryk

Exclamation general fax prblems

Hi friends i wonder.If you receive a call from a customer that tells you he has a problem with his fax.He can't sent or receive faxes.How you determine that the problem is his line connection?What steps are you fallow?And how the damn can you give them to understand that?I m getting mad when i'm in front of these situations

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PinevskiS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gregoryk View Post
    Hi friends i wonder.If you receive a call from a customer that tells you he has a problem with his fax.He can't sent or receive faxes.How you determine that the problem is his line connection?What steps are you fallow?And how the damn can you give them to understand that?I m getting mad when i'm in front of these situations
    I never work on XEROX machine, but try to cut first and fourth wire on tel.cable.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    general fax prblems

The customer MUST test their actual fax line first. If they have another fax machine test it on the line, or get their phone company to test the fax line. Most fax issues are line related and not device related.

If the customer insists that you come out to look into the problem, and you find it's not device related, but line related, charge them for wasting your time.

Fax really annoys me, I wish businesses would just move away from it, but instead they are moving down the VOIP path, which opens up another can of worms with regards to faxing.

Also make sure they have a dedicated fax line, meaning no security alarm, internet or other device sharing the same line, if they do it's asking for problems.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    1)disconnect fax line fr machine ,all lightning protector or any alarm system and plug in normal telephone (test make incoming call to your handset)
    2)if you heard distortion noise then asks customer check her phone company
    3)internet line connected to this dedicated line then your customer must have micro filter to separate voice and data signal.

hi...print activity report or journal report to see the sent and recieved faxes status and obtain if there's any wrong in comunications ..also print the user settings report if there's something abnormal..check the line wires and make send and recieve test..i wish it help..good luck.

gregoryk
    thank's for the support

Help Desk Technician 50+ Posts
    plug in a regular old telephone into the line see if it works .. i always used to carry one ... cheapo from the thrift store for 3 bucks sure saved me alot of headaches