Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

How to reinstall Xerox Fiery 12?/Fiery only prints blank pages

My Xerox Fiery 12 is always giving problems.
    It often freezes when I try to print from a Windows XP machine (but is fine from Mac 10.4), so I have to power it off and turn it back on.

However, from today it prints all my Jobs as blank pages (from both Windows and Mac). Even the test and configuration pages are printed blank.

I think reinstalling the software only the Fiery might fix this. Is this the right approach?
    If so, how do I do the re-installation? I don't have any disks.

Thanks for any help.

^_^

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

does your machine has copy option?. If so give a copy and see if it has an image on it.
    As far as I know if its a fiery software problem there should be some image on disk. The only blank images i have got was when the drum was not locked.

for installing fiery(assuming x12) there are 2 installation disk. staright forward procedure. insert disk 1 power off and on. it will instruct for disk 2 .follow the steps and configure .
    getting the disk: well thats different
    a machine is only as good as your tech : source:screwtape ; the scary one

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    The X12 has a system restore option. Turn Fiery off, while holding down the 3 or 4th button next to the lcd screen of server, turn the power back on. A menu should display in lcd screen about restoring the fiery. It will take some time for the process to complete so be patient.

Technician
    Hi Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the kindness.

I tried the restore option.
    The display now says X12-9EAE (instead of X12).

It still prints blank pages.

My machine (DocuColor 12) has a copier, which works fine, so I know that the problem must be with the Fiery X12 (It can't be a computer issue, because all my computers (both Win XP and Mac 10.4) have the same problem.)

Any solutions?

Also, is it possible to download the Fiery Disc online?

the x12-9eae on display can be edited to x12 or anything as per your requirement.thats nothing.did you try deleting and reinstalling the drivers.If your restore is successful then that eliminates most software issues.Try switching the cables behind the fiery to eliminate cable fault.
    since its happening in both computers it cant be driver issue but still.... .
    i cant thing of anything else

Its quite difficult to get fiery disc's but not impossible. I think i have 1.5 ver lying around somewhere.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Check NVM location 752-008 is set to 2. 2 is for copier/printer/scanner mode. (after software restoring it could be set to 0)
    also try to print PS configuration page from fiery
    or perform DC301. (maybe ros motor is not on in print mode)

Technician
    Check NVM location 752-008 is set to 2. 2 is for copier/printer/scanner mode. (after software restoring it could be set to 0)
    How do I do this?

the x12-9eae on display can be edited to x12 or anything as per your requirement.thats nothing.did you try deleting and reinstalling the drivers.If your restore is successful then that eliminates most software issues.Try switching the cables behind the fiery to eliminate cable fault.
    After removing the cable, it prints (although it does everything duplex, so 1 sided documents print back to front!!).

Also, I reformatted one of my Macs. Now when add the printer over the network, there doesn't seem to be an option for a Docu Color 12 PPD. How do I fix this? (The generic one doesn't have the option to print A3).

dont do any nvm changes. so now you have figured out its only cable fault.

for printing in upside , to change that you have to go to setup in command workstation. alternatively you can also access setup by typing the ip address of the printer on the internet explorer. There is an option for upside down printing. I dont remember the exact name . if you could take a fiery config page you can see that option.

mac files can be obtained from www.xerox.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi, maybe your problem is on your XP driver as long as you posted Mac works fine ; verify whitch driver you have because you may have insllated the wrong printer driver . Check your fiery panel for 1.5 or 1.5(sp2) then download from xerox.com the driver to correspond your Fiery.

Hope this help,

Wiwa 72
    Gonzos build v.1.0