Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Xerox 8830 problem with Folder

Hi. I have some problem. I have Xerox 8830 with Folder. I upgrade firmware in controller, next i upgrade in printer and after upgrading firmware in plotter I don't not have good communication between plotter and folder. In plotter I can't choose type of folding and from computer too. Only I can choose manually from Folder and then it work. Have somebody idea what do with this? I think that the firmware in Xerox plotter is too new, but older version I couldn't find. P.s. Sorry for my English. Regards.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What kind of controller you have?
    Which software level you have been installed?
    Which printer software you have been installed?

Technician
    I have controller with serial number CNG. Plotter firmware version is : 1.13.07-18. In controller firmware version is: 9.0.

//
    When I choose "finisher config type" == "001", then ploter show error "Check folder, Communication error #17". But when I choose "Finisher config type = 003" then plotter don't show any errors, but i couldn't choose from menu in "processing defaults" kind of folding. And when switch off with option "finisher config type = 003" and switch on plotter, then plotter alone switch off and quickly switch off. Help me, please.
    Last edited by mkoltowski; 04-18-2010 at 03:32 PM.

did you tried to enter in diagnostic mode on plotter and to enter code 11 01 to see what result will get

Technician
    no i don't. but when i print config page in option "finisher" is "none". sometimes in menu, in "processing defaults"->"Folding style" i can choose folding style, but it isn't often. always there is option "no fold".

check in diag mode this 11 01

Technician
    I checked and is : "11 01 000 099".

//
    I have another mainboard for Xerox 8830 Folder, I inserted it to Folder and after Diagnostic Mode 11 01, plotter show me: "11 01 000 000".
    Last edited by mkoltowski; 04-20-2010 at 12:53 PM.