Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AccService 100+ Posts

Xerox 5828 developer/drum issue

I am havinf trouble with this model. Have not worked on something this old in years, There is a dark smudge/smear of toner all along the bottom of copies. Almost like a cleaning blade is not cleaning correctly. We have replaced the entire Drum and did not solve the problem.

When we make a clear/blank copy in the glass the image is even darker along the bottom edge. Its defenitively not on the fuser rollers because all this appears before getting to the finishing section. Is there any other way to troubleshoot it? And will I have to calibrate the developer unit if we replacec it?

thanks in advance...

gregoryk
    problem with the exposure l. or mirrors

AccService 100+ Posts
    Thanks. Mirrors I was thinking we will be out to see the machine tomorrow and will tell you how it goes.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Wow I haven't seen one of these analog machines in a long time. I think the 5328/5334 was the last one I worked on. I agree on the optics.
    Totoro

AccService 100+ Posts
    so i went ahead and cleaned the mirrors and the entire machine . i also intalled a new developer and toner cartridge and the smudge is now gone.!! but i am still geting a thick blank line that is coming out from almost the top of the page to almost the bottom, but its giving me one good copy followed by a copy with the missing toner when i do two or more. so its off and on with the missing toner, any ideas??

AccService 100+ Posts

If it is every other page it is the copy cartridge. Though you said you changed the drum. I assume we are talking about the same thing 13R67? You didn't use a rebuilt one did you?
    Totoro

AccService 100+ Posts
    yeah i replaced the copy cartridge with a brand new one. we also put in a brand new developer unit with new developer and toner. we took of the scanner glass and cleaned all of the mirrors inside, at first it was a lil off but then that got fixed. and its every other copy that we do, its realy frustrating. any ideas?? i know its an old machine and i thank you guys for your help,.

If the deletion is every other image and is in the same place then it's the copy cartridge. You said you changed it; what happens if you put the old one back in? Do you have another machine you can swap parts with? THe only other thing that causes deletions like that in that machine would be damp paper, maybe the transfer unit isn't sitting right? I would check things like that next.
    Totoro

AccService 100+ Posts
    unfortunetly we dont have another machine like this to see if the drum cartridge is working fine or not, but i think we will check for other things, we where thinking that it was toner also so were going to try with a brand new toner cartridge also. thanks for the help and support from everyone that has replyed. thanks.