Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    AccService 100+ Posts

Question phaser 7400 grinding noise?? help!

we are working on a phaser 7400 and we get a loud grinding noise thats coming from the back of the machine. i think its coming from some small gears that spin the transfer belt. the problem is defenetly something with the transfer belt or gears that spin it, because we took out the fuser, transfer belt, and i.u's and toner. then we put one part back in one at a time. the fuser was in and no noise, then once the transfer belt was in it did the noise.. any help or any one who has had this problem before please post any info, thanks in advance.

Technician

Exclamation

I had this problem late last year (2009) it turned out to be the "Transfer Unit" (belt assmbly)... basically the "spring" that collects and moves the dead toner to the toner waste cartridge gets in a bind and the gear can snap out of its guide because of this.

I snapped the gear back in and cleaned the dead toner out of the collector, it worked for a while longer until I could get another Transfer Unit.

I'm sure you got it fixed by now but maybe this thread will help someone else when they Google this subject