Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    C3545 network controller failed to initialize

I did image of the hard drive, no change. It fails @ 75% of network controller initializing.
    Software upgrade?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I think u need to describe this problem further.....does it just stay on the 75% dot forever? does it come up with a fault code or a fault message?

Quote Originally Posted by adeyemi View Post
    I think u need to describe this problem further.....does it just stay on the 75% dot forever? does it come up with a fault code or a fault message?
    No, it does not stay on the message @ 75% '.... network controller failed to initialize' - it then says contact network administrator. Of course, inside access network configuration is disabled.
    Should I look for an error code? Does this have to do with something else other than network controller?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Try with another USB cable or plug it on another usb port. I think there are 2 usb port on network controller

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    If you must avoid working blindly, you'll need to connect to it via pws diagnostics and check last 40 faults. the no 1 fault on this list is most likely the real problem. u may check out the usb cable as suggested, but from my own experience network controller initialization issues are usually related to hard drive crash! If u have, try a preloaded hard drive, preferably from a workin machine....software download can only be through altboot and this is not usually as simple as described.

Quote Originally Posted by adeyemi View Post
    If you must avoid working blindly, you'll need to connect to it via pws diagnostics and check last 40 faults. the no 1 fault on this list is most likely the real problem. u may check out the usb cable as suggested, but from my own experience network controller initialization issues are usually related to hard drive crash! If u have, try a preloaded hard drive, preferably from a workin machine....software download can only be through altboot and this is not usually as simple as described.
    I did mention I replaced imaged hard drive, didn't I... but at I haven't had a chance to hook up laptop with pws to check the faults.
    What would USB connection have to do with it - just to see that the board may be dead?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Is the drive you imaged from a working machine?, cos its simply a garbage-in-garbage-out situation if u imaged d drive of same machine since its data is likely already corrupted.
    check with pws first and know what you're really dealing with
    if u must do anything with hd make sure u have one from a working m/c, otherwise your sole option will be to use a new hd and upload s/w thru' altboot!!
    yes, cables because among the three cable connections to the n/w controller, the usb is the one susceptible.

Adeyemi, thanks for the info. Of course it was a drive from working machine, what would be the point of imaging drive from a bad one?
    I will soon send one of my guys to check errors via pws.