Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Synergix 8825 scanner failure

Helo,
    I'm mostly laser, copier and printe's tech and don't have wide format experience, but i had to do this to.
    A customer of mine has this machine and afther some of his employ worked on it the machine didnt do anyting and he reinstaled and put it back in network and so on. But he couldn't scann afther that the othe function's wehere ok (copy and print) then i came and when i was pressing mode for entering in scann mode the machine was giving me something like this: Network scan mode not enambled then i moved around trough menu item's and then to web interface and i found an firmaware CD and tryed to update the scanner a few time's and one try was unsuccesfull. I restarted the scanner and it gave me 2 ''LL- .. " errors and then he wasn't giving me those errors but was showing ''Initialization failure''. Now they can't use it to copy anymore, the printing part is ok.
    What can i do?

I did put a file with diferent pages in different stage's if it help's.

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    To use scanner for copy mode, first power on scanner, wait about 30 sec, then power on controller, wait about 1 min and then power on machine. If still get LL error, must post here which LL code you have.

About scan to PC, on configuration report such function is not enabled. If machine had this function before, go to xerox web page to renew it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thank you for your reply.

In this moment the problem is that the scanner at every power on is giving me ''Initization failure'' without any code or explanation.
    One thing that i forgot to mention is that on the back of the scanner, at about the middle, it has a small digit indicator wich it seem to be showing ''b'' atm.
    Machine had this scanner function and they use it and i don't how should i proceed to renew it and why isn't a license for machine/life?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Synergix 8825

Look at this. What letter "B" or "6"?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It seem's to be a small ''b'' becouse it doesen't have the line to complete and look like ''6'' (six) but in the table small b doesen't appear so is more like 6.
    In the table say's to upload the firmware again but i think i have tryed that and didn't work I will try again tomorow.
    Regardless the first of my problem with the scanning mode what could i do? If i succed puting the firmware.

Thank for you intrest and time in this matter.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    vlad, you can see process of scanner initializing in small window and define exactly, letter or digit. Its appear in accordance whith table " Message Display Entry Chart"one after another. And some more, see attach.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thank you for assistance.
    I did succed putting it on today.
    I downloaded the latest scanner firmware from xerox and tryed to upload it but it didn't work so i did concluded that the problem is something from scanning or image becouse of the message ''Initialization failure'' so i took it apart and cleaned, i don't think it was ever cleaned. This didn't have rezults so i started again withe firmware update and succed, only scanner module and controler where on and i gothe the message on the scanner ''Do not turn the power off'' or something like that afther 5 min i started the printer too and on it i got the same message so afther another 10 min's was done. But sill function SCAN TO NET wasn't on so i found out i have to get a new license, done that and was working.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    You have to visit https://www.xeroxlicensing.xerox.com...s.aspx?lang=en and get a single replacement key (AccXES v8.0 or later or XEScan v1.1 or later)

wbdesigner

Unhappy I have a similar problem

the scanner just tries to start, the lights flash and the scanner tries to start for 5 seconds or so and then turns off.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    i did resolved the problem and i have this 2 link's noted from then but i cant remember exactly every step
    i followed what copymachine told me and more
    https://www.xeroxlicensing.xerox.com/coupon/
    Docutech Community - Index