Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts TechGeek's Avatar

Xerox WorkCentre Pro 45

I have a tech working on a Xerox WorkCentre Pro 45 that the keeps displaying "some network services are unavailable". He has looked at the history error and it is telling us there there is a communication problem between the NIC and the Image Process PWB (ERROR 3-340). My tech replaced the NIC module with no improvement. anyone out there have any suggestions on what to do or look for?

Does the net controller boot and print configuration report ? try the SIP firewire card and cable, If you have replaced the complete network controller i would rule out an altboot.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TechGeek's Avatar
    No print configuration report when booting and when you try the MFP says submitted and no Configuration report will print

The network module did not include HD, memory, or Firewire card. Just the PS and mainboard. So little help Not what I expected to recieve. So HD and firewire were not replaced. Does not print config page. says submitted then goes back to ready state. Does internally see network IP, and memory on board. Does Echo and internal TCIP test. Reboots network controller when print job is sent to it. Can ping from PC. Has email adresses stored in it-partial list (white screen), Host name, IP adress, and email name. Takes forever to go through network boot. After complete says "some network services unavailable. See system admin for assistance" fault in log is 3-340 Image Processor 3 times error. Fax and Copy functions work fine.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    901479.Print jobs intermittently light; may get stuck in pending The customers' Network Controller intermittently locks up, print jobs get stuck in "pending", print quality on some jobs is extremely light, there may be 03-340's in the fault history. Reloading software may temporarily fix the problem, but only for a short time.

Cause:

The customer is still using the print driver from their previous machine.

Check the customers printer on their workstation.

1) From the Start Menu select "Settings"
    2) Then "Printers and Faxes"
    3) Then click on the printer in use.

Note 1: If the customer changed the printer name you can check "Properties" from the File Menu and the printer name is on the "General" tab. The print driver should be either the "Global Print Driver" or the specific driver for the machine the customer is printing to. Anything eles can cause problems.

Note 2: In the cases where I've seen this problem the customers are using the print drivers from their old Silvertone machines.

Does the controller have micron memory with this number MT8VDDT3264AY-335G6 this memory goes defective swap for micro MT4.
    To be sure i woul replace hard drive, memory and do an altboot. All angles covered the fact that the configuration report is appearing in queue makes me rule out firewire and cable.
    Regards