Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    arildjr

How can i upgrade Workcentre 245 -> 245 Pro.

Heya people.
    I was given a used WC245 as a gift yesterday.
    Really need the scan to email function but as i can read you need a extra pack or something to enable this? I am also in the understanding that it is possible to upgrade to 245 pro and get all the features that the 245 pro has.. Anyone able to help me out what to do? In my head everything is possible.. Been using like 12 hours in front of the computer now but i am not skilled enough with these machines yet.

I would appreciate all help i can get with this very much!

Regards

Arild from norway

Technician
    Hi

To enable scan function you have to have a proper network controler (with scanning options), check the part number:
    498K09770 - WorkCentre (Non Scanning)
    498K09750 - WorkCentre Pro (Non Scanning)
    498K09760 - WorkCentre Pro (Scanning Enabled)

If you have the last controler on machine you have to put the code in admin serwices -->optional services

Greetings

an Alboot to 13.xxxxxx software will make it a workcentre pro then just put in the scan and email codes.

arildjr
    Thanks for replies.. Not sure about the network controller.
    I noticed there was different kinds of software for it available on Xerox, but it stated that you had to have the earlier software starting with 13.xxxxx to install. (i have 12.60.22.0).
    Or is it possible just to download the file and install and it will work anyway?
    What about these scan and email codes? Is it possible to get these without buying them?
    I am able to get another machine if i cant get this working but its heavy as hell and we carried it up to the 2 floor and i rather not carry it down :P
    Last edited by arildjr; 07-17-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: adding firmware version

The machine must be Altbooted reloaded not just a simply upgrade. If you have another 245 with 13.xxxx software availabe and you dont want to move the machine you can just swap the controllers over it will work.

Technician
    Here you have codes:
    scan to net - 18482948, 72135079
    scan to email - 58097267, 45581295

If you put a software 13.xxx on controller without scanning possibility it wont work as PRO (checked already na Alchemy (2xx series) machines

I hope those codes help you

Greetings and good luck

arildjr
    thanks alot for all help, appreciate it!
    What is the easiest way to find out what controller i have? Is it stated anywhere on the machine or do i have to take out the controller itself to check it?
    And.. machine wont be fucked if i just flash it with 13.xxxxxx software, but it wont work as PRO if i have the wrong controller? Am i right?
    Last edited by arildjr; 07-19-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Technician
    Serial number is on back side of controler, you have to remove the controler and sticker is on metal cage (with software level).