Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 100+ Posts

DC3535 iq problem (attached image)

So I went and bought a DC3535 (with the external CREO Spire controller).

I know, it should have been a DC250 at least, but it cost less than the value of the consumables coming with it so I hope it's a step on the way to the DC250.

The reason for the price is that it comes with an image quality issue that I hope to sort once I have the machine, it's still in transit between Denmark and Uganda.

I'd love to start working out what to do with the iq issue before the machine is here so that I can get it into production as soon as possible when it arrives. Seller says it has issues in magenta and black and has sent me the attached print from it. From that I can see that black fades from right to left but that's about all I can deduce from it, I'm sure some of you guys out there can give a better diagnosis than I can at this point.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    Is it problem in Black or All Colors?
    I believe if it is in all Colors, Check Second BTR in Left hand door

Regards,

Copymaster

Quote Originally Posted by copymaster2000 View Post
    Is it problem in Black or All Colors?
    I haven't yet got the machine, should be coming through this week. However, seller says the problem is in black and magenta, so not all colours.

Leonardbez
    Hi look at the ros.We had the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardbez View Post
    Hi look at the ros.We had the same problem
    Hi Leonardbez, thanks for that. As I am not yet so familiar with the 3535, does it use the same ROS for magenta and black, or do you think the two ROSs have a problem at the same time? What did you do, was it a matter of cleaning the ROS window, cleaning the ROS inside or replacing?

Leonardbez
    Hi the ros are one big unit and yes you can clean it .It did not work for me i had inboard outboard problems and tried it all.I replaced the ros and machine was ok.There are some nvms you can change to try to fix the problem.Do you have the problem on all paper weights? if so i will deffently look at the ros.You must try to test the ros with another machine 2240 or 3535 all the same

Thanks again, I don't have the machine available yet but should have it in tomorrow or Saturday as it has just arrived in the country. I'll do more checks and revert if I can't sort it.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I did get the machine in last week and it was given a thorough service during which we found that a spring by the 2nd BTR was missing, after replacement it is as good as new and I'm very happy with the quality and the productivity of this little machine.