Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Workcentre pro 40C - WCP 40C - communication problem encountered

hello everyone! sorry about my bad english, I am from spain(europe)

I have the same problem that this post:
    xerox workecentre pro 40 communication problem

I have a WCP pro 40C. It displays communication problem encountered when turned on.

I plugged a monitor and a keyboard and the machine starts, then needs a user and password, at this time the wcp displays shows comunication problem encountered

here are the pictures...

first, i unplug the litium battery and tested 0.9V so I change it for a new one, but nothing better happens

the new battery

the ATA HD

the BIOS starts

then xerox SO

then user and passwords, the machine stops and it displays communication problem encountered

so, please help me!! what can I do? I promise to publish the solution with photos and text for the people with the same problem

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    You need PWS diagnostics to login to the diag interface and do a "BIOS" configuration for the machine. When you took out the battery you erased the "BIOS" settings in the WCP 40. You might also have a corrupted hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Wilson View Post
    You need PWS diagnostics to login to the diag interface and do a "BIOS" configuration for the machine. When you took out the battery you erased the "BIOS" settings in the WCP 40. You might also have a corrupted hard drive.
    i am instaling to the laptop the pws diagnostics, iŽll tell you what is says about the machine, thank you for the answer!

Here are some bmps

so...

i did a software reset and the machine came to alive!!!

IŽll now try to upgrade the so software

Now upgraded from S0_01_02.30 to S0_01_02.059!!

I donŽt know if there is a new/better SO, anyone can help??? thank you...

Technician
    Thanks for you infomation Pipeman

I just got the PWS diagnostics software and ran the same things you did on yours.
    I have the same fault code, and on the CCM self test I had the same items fail
    FDI Daughter card present and UI Present. Reset time and date.

Tried to reinstall software but it would not install right. Machine still has the communication problem on screen when I turn it off and on.

I just ordered a new battery, and will try to reinstall the software with the ne battery when I get it.

Also does anyone have the software update S0_01_02.059

Thanks Gerry
    Email odie2001@hotmail.com

Technician
    I replaced the battery and tried a reset. This did not fix the problem, I get the same communication problem.
    I got a e-mailed from a guy who said he had a controler off a parts wc-40 (said copier had drum damage and the controler was ok) I purchased the controler. from this guy, Received it today and it does not work. I still get communication problem on display when it boots up. I used the PWS software and did a software upgarde to S0-01-02.059 also replaced the battery on the chip. Still same problem.

Any idea what I do next, I might of purchased a bad controler, seller tells me that all parts are as is, and he can't help me. Is it possible that the controler is proprietary to the copier, and you cant change it to another copier.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    The software you are trying to install doesn't look right. I think the version you need is 3.97.20.00 . Where are you located? I have the version just PM me or if you're in the states my number is 714-292-6912

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Software version is ok, but did you performed battery replacement procedure as in xerox bulletin.

Technician
    I dont have copy of battery replacement procedure as in xerox bulletin.
    can you please post it for me

Thanks
    Odie